Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Pissed Off - Lack of Parts.  (Read 3524 times)

Offline FROSTY

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Broadford
Pissed Off - Lack of Parts.
« on: December 06, 2013, 07:06:39 AM »
Well I signed up 2 weeks ago to buy a Demo bike and still don't have it.
Why you may ask, the simple  answer is one simple word - PARTS.
1. I have the GPS short cable but no mount.
2. I have a new Screen but not fitted.
3. I don't have heated grips working as a relay has blow and it has got to come from England. Go figure.
Awaiting new upper panels from England as the bike has had a small drop.
I may get it before Xmas if I am lucky.
There is this new thing called the airplane and postal service.
I can get things quicker from EBay.
Pissed off no end.

Offline mototux

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
Re: Pissed Off - Lack of Parts.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 01:03:21 PM »
Hi frosty.

I understand your anxiety and anger. There's nothing more annoying than deciding to buy something and then having to wait for it. And, what's even more annoying, because of missing small parts. I experienced the same thing: had to wait for the heated grips and backseat  :157:

But on a positive note: ask your dealer to take a picture of you when you will pick-up your TT  :156:  You won't forget the feeling and the smile for a long time. And all the anger will be blown away, instantly.
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 02:16:29 PM »
My dealer stocks parts for the Triumph just like he stocks them for the Honda.  In other words he has to order everything. So far Triumph North America has had everything I wanted-seat, heated grips, in their warehouse.  I don't know where it is, but comes via UPS business-to-business shipment from Kentucky.  All the apparel I've ordered comes from the same place.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 05:33:45 PM »
Why not just have the screen fitted and take delivery?  None of the other parts affect your ability to ride. You don't NEED heated grip (it's summer in Australia) and GPS (use a map) to ride.   Just document with the dealer that the other parts are to be installed as soon as they become available. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Neil_AU

• Trophy Member
  • Two Up Touring
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
  • City / Town: Townsville
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 06:31:34 PM »
Know what you mean.
My accessories (all but 1) finally arrived at home. Not the dealers fault, they get all their parts from Triumph aust, and THEY get them in from UK..
But my comfort seat, gps mount, heated grips, tank bag, pannier bags, spare key, all took just over a month.. still waiting on the silly $33 2 core wire to attach the gps..
oh and its over $100 au for a spare key BTW...  :172:
Suzuki Bandit 250F
Yamaha FJR 1300 Gen2
Triumph Trophy SE 2013 oh yeah.

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by FROSTY [+]
Well I signed up 2 weeks ago to buy a Demo bike and still don't have it.
Why you may ask, the simple  answer is one simple word - PARTS.
1. I have the GPS short cable but no mount.
It might be a good idea to get your GPS first (such as a Garmin Zumo 660) and have the dealer install the entire thing or you will have to do most of the work yourself, even after they install  the mount without your power and audio cable.

You will need three items to do the complete GPS install.

1. The GPS mount(If you don't supply the two items below, this is the only item that will be installed by the dealer and you will have to remove it again to complete the job).

2. The Triumph power cable kit. Triumph part number A9938065.

3. The GPS unit (which comes with the cradle to use with your mount and power connection to Triumph cable above). Most here use the Garmin Zumo 660, which contains the rest of the stuff required.

I had the dealer install my mount only as I did not know this then. Now, I have to compete the job which includes removing the mount they installed to run the cables through it.

-Don-  SSF, CA
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline FROSTY

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Broadford
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 09:09:20 PM »
Hello Gents,

w8d4it - I dont like handing over the money for the bike and hopeing/trusting all parts are ordered and show up. As soon as you hand over the money they would drop you like a hot rock.
Neil - Thanks for that I did not know about the cost for a spare key, I asumed it came with a second key. I will chase that up. 
Don Tom - way ahead of you with the GPS thanks to this sight. They have the short cable that plugs into the bike. I have a Garmin 660 which I have already given the cradle to but the dealer is still waiting for the mount. :157:
Hoping I will have it for xmas :440:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 09:29:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by FROSTY [+]

w8d4it - I dont like handing over the money for the bike and hopeing/trusting all parts are ordered and show up. As soon as you hand over the money they would drop you like a hot rock.

Hoping I will have it for xmas :440:

If that was the trust my dealer engendered I'd be looking for a new dealer.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST