Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hello from Chorley Lancashire  (Read 2158 times)

Offline cwminty

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Chorley
Hello from Chorley Lancashire
« on: December 06, 2013, 09:00:16 am »
Hi All.

I started riding later than most at about 28 yrs old and only rode for a couple of years and I now in my late 40's fancy getting back into it.  I narrowed my choice to this type of bike as the other half said she "may be interested" in sharing the activity - that was a suprise!

I've not got huge amounts of spare cash to get me started so when the time comes it won't be a new purchase. My only real concern is coming from a 1984 Honda CBX750 over 20 years ago - the weight of the TT.  I haven't test ridden anything yet and was looking at either the ST1300 or TT - in my opinion, based purely on style, the TT wins with it's much more modern looks!

Anyway, I've found the right place to check out the TT and  I'll let you know if/when I do actually make a purchase.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Hello from Chorley Lancashire
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 09:43:25 am »
Hi cwminty and  :400:  to the Forums !

There is no question that the Trophy is a heavy bike, or tht you have come to the right place for research !

First of all I would recommend talking to your local Triumph delaler,
explain how long it is since you last rode, and what that was,
tell them of your concerns, and ask them for some advice ( or better stil practice ) on handling,
both in terms of pushing it around / manoevering in a garage etc, and the actual riding of it,
although you will find the bike is amazingly light and easy to handle once you're moving.

Dependng on how you get on with the Dealer, I'd also consider contacting your local Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club ( TOMCC )
who will no doubt have some experienced riders with a wealth of experience and advice to pass on.

Then of course there are these Forums - Don't be surprised if a Trophy owner near you offers to make contact  :028:

Then all you have to do is book the Test Ride but make sure you have your finances in place first,
because you WILL want to buy it  :169:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 09:47:14 am »
Hi cwminty and  :400:

You will certainly find plenty of advocates of the Trophy in here! You are in the right place to ask questions..

As coconut says speak to a dealer, sure they will be happy to help you out..

It will be quite a quantum leap from what you are used to but a TT might look big but once underway handles like a dream!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 10:19:39 am »
welcome aboard cwminty  :400: see you've already gotten a couple of very sensible advices! go for it, no doubt you will love it  :821:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline mototux

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 12:34:40 pm »
 :400: cwminty!

As others already suggested: nothing compares to the real thing. See your local dealer and get comfort in taking a test ride. Everything else will just fit in  :008:

Oh, and make sure to talk to your minister of finance and bring your wallet with you  :017:
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 05:28:41 pm »
Welcome to the Forum :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 03:51:15 am »
 :401: and glad you joined us. You didn't start riding late!  I started 4 years ago at the age of 52 on a Honda 110 scooter, 6 months later went to a Suzuki Burgman 650, and last July to the TT SE; each a pretty big jump. It can be done, and well worth it!  Maybe get some practice time in on a smaller/lighter bike for a short time, then make the plunge.  Good luck!
STONEY