Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Another Dealer Down!!  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Bryan H.

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Brecksville, OH
Another Dealer Down!!
« on: December 10, 2013, 04:53:42 AM »
I learned today that Ohio Motorcycles has been locked down, both the Cleveland and Columbus locations. :161: Doors are chained shut - looks like the tax man got 'em. Guess I know now why I got such a great deal on my Trophy a few months ago - they needed some cash flow!!  :003: I'll miss the awesome 20 minute ride on a hilly, twisting parkway between my house and their store. Now my nearest dealer will be an hour away.  :151: I'll also miss my loyalty discount on parts and accessories, no great loss, but my heart really goes out to all the dedicated, professional employees there who have lost their jobs just weeks before Christmas, they will be missed the most. Sad day.

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
Re: Another Dealer Down!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:34:28 AM »
I was at the Columbus location last Friday, the 6th, and was told that location, at least, had been sold to another dealer from the Dayton area.  I actually talked with the new owner.   Of note, the owner told me they lost the BMW franchise and were not sure if they would be able to keep Triumph.  Now that was last week,  so who knows?

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 12:04:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bryan H. [+]
I learned today that Ohio Motorcycles has been locked down, both the Cleveland and Columbus locations. :161: Doors are chained shut - looks like the tax man got 'em. Guess I know now why I got such a great deal on my Trophy a few months ago - they needed some cash flow!!  :003: I'll miss the awesome 20 minute ride on a hilly, twisting parkway between my house and their store. Now my nearest dealer will be an hour away.  :151: I'll also miss my loyalty discount on parts and accessories, no great loss, but my heart really goes out to all the dedicated, professional employees there who have lost their jobs just weeks before Christmas, they will be missed the most. Sad day.

It can't be more than 35 minutes or so down to Northern Ohio Ducati Triumph in Akron.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline TwoBrothersBusa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TrophySE
  • City / Town: McDonald
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 12:10:35 AM »
Not that it matters in your case, but Pandora's here in Chattanooga seems to be doing fantastic.
2008 Hayabusa - Gone but not forgotten
2007 GSXR 1000 - track bike
2013 Mustang GT - Street Ride
1990 CBR1000F - the old girl

tweedy-bunch