Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: R&G crash bars, radiator grill and downpipe grill have arrived!  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
R&G crash bars, radiator grill and downpipe grill have arrived!
« on: December 10, 2013, 08:56:27 am »
All the R&G gear has arrived, so I will set some time aside in the next few weeks to fit.  While the bike is in bits I will try and get the GPS audio into the bike working (it has the Triumph harness but audio plug must not be in properly).  Sena SR10 hub to be fitted and CB handheld  radio installed as I want to avoid drilling holes this early!

I will also retension the engine bolts as I have a bit of minor vibration through the grips, but it might just be having only done 3200kms.

Any other things work checking or dong while I am in there?  I will just have a look around at where things are out of interest anyway.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: R&G crash bars, radiator grill and downpipe grill have arrived!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 09:07:28 am »
Hi saaz,

I presume you've seen the "How To" on How To Remove the fairing and fit R & G Bars ?

While you have the fairing off, check all of the coolant hose clips are tight -
a few owners have reported leaks from these due to them not being tight enough  :169:

While checking the GPS audio has been connected,
( and when it IS plugged in, tape the connection up to help stop it working loose ),
you can also follow another Owners recommendation, if not done already,
which is to route the In-Line fuse older for the GPS Power, up and into the back of the left hand mirror pod,
so that is easily accessible if ever the fuse had to be replaced, by just poping the mirror glass forward ,
rather than it being buried away somewhere not easily accessible behind the fairing  :028:

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: R&G crash bars, radiator grill and downpipe grill have arrived!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 09:26:44 am »
Thanks for that. Yes I have read the guide, just a matter of doing it. The dealer hid all the GPS wiring all the way back under the bodywork, so I want to relocate it to somewhere more accessible in case power or audio issues arise.  Taping the connections is a must, as I have learnt from connecting up an autocom system.

Have to check whether the workshop manual has arrived, as who knows what else I could fiddle with  :112: