Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Temporary Reprieve  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Temporary Reprieve
« on: December 11, 2013, 02:55:43 pm »
Given the cold, dank weather here and the fact that my TT is warm and provides protection to the elements each day when I commute, I have decided to keep it for a while longer. The new engine is running in nicely and there is no other bike that can give me the protection each day to work and back. I still get back ache but can manage that whilst I am saving nearly 30 minutes of travelling time. 

I am still angry over the reliability issues surrounding this particular machine, but it is running well at the moment and getting me to work in fine fettle.

I shall look to change it when the weather gets better.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: Temporary Reprieve
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:29:05 pm »
hopefully by then you will have recovered confidence in the bike and who knows....you may want to keep it ??? :002:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 03:30:23 pm »
As Verdun says :028:   After all we give people second chances, why not a motorcycle?
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 05:28:04 pm »
Robin
Nice to see you'er back in the saddle my friend. If you do decide to change a least you've given it the benefit of the doubt  :028: :028:
Enjoy the ride mate  :152: :152:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 10:53:50 am »
Well the more I think about it the more it makes sense to keep it for now. The dealership is paying for the 500 mile service next Tuesday and then no servicing bills for 10,000 miles. Therefore it make sense to run it for now.

I have to say that I have now done 350 miles on it so I can give it some welly on the way to work!

George Harrison

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 01:17:40 pm »
*Originally Posted by Berber [+]
Well the more I think about it the more it makes sense to keep it for now. The dealership is paying for the 500 mile service next Tuesday and then no servicing bills for 10,000 miles. Therefore it make sense to run it for now.

I have to say that I have now done 350 miles on it so I can give it some welly on the way to work!

It sucks to buy something and not have it perform as advertised, but having Triumph and your dealer stand behind their product has to take some of the sting out of it no?.  I had a similar, but not as catastrophic, problem with a new Dodge truck which had to have numerous re-flashes over the first  six months I owned it. It developed all kinds of drive ability problems and would go into limp mode.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 01:39:58 pm »
*Originally Posted by Ernest T [+]
It sucks to buy something and not have it perform as advertised, but having Triumph and your dealer stand behind their product has to take some of the sting out of it no?.  I had a similar, but not as catastrophic, problem with a new Dodge truck which had to have numerous re-flashes over the first  six months I owned it. It developed all kinds of drive ability problems and would go into limp mode.

I have no problems with either Triumph or the dealership. That said I don't think the dealership  pushed hard enough for a replacement bike when the engine went.

George Harrison

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 02:44:26 pm »
*Originally Posted by Berber [+]
I have no problems with either Triumph or the dealership. That said I don't think the dealership  pushed hard enough for a replacement bike when the engine went.

Replacement as taking back your Trophy and giving you another?  We have lemon laws that address that situation and they are time based--your bike has to be at the dealer a certain percentage of the time to qualify.  It varies by state.

Its very rare to get a "loaner" bike when yours is in the shop here.