Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Handling  (Read 6986 times)

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: Handling
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 02:41:44 am »
After 3000kms I am pretty used to the Trophy now.  I still don't know what the absolute limit is in road riding as it just handles windy roads like they have been straightened out compared the the ST1100.  I have ridden mostly in gusty winds and find the Trophy is barely affected relatively.

The dealer recommended 38 front 44 rear, which seems to work just fine.  I expected this to be too hard but the ride is still great and feel is fine.  Tyres still look new (mine came with the Angel STs, was hoping they might have fitted the GT version by now)

Offline Mick

• Trophy Member
  • mderrig
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 03:26:58 am »
I have just reached 25,000km on the Trophy and during that time I have changed the way I ride and corner to suit the bike. I came from a Thunderbird and my first few weeks on the Trophy I found the front end very light and quick to move around. It was a bit disconcerting, but not for long. In fact, until I read this thread I had completely forgotten about it. Now I find the Trophy the best handling bike I have ever had and I am taking some corners that I used to find tricky a lot faster than ever before. Good to get everything checked, just in case, but if it's like my experience, pretty soon you won't even notice it.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 11:36:37 am »
*Originally Posted by Mick [+]
I have just reached 25,000km on the Trophy and during that time I have changed the way I ride and corner to suit the bike. I came from a Thunderbird and my first few weeks on the Trophy I found the front end very light and quick to move around. It was a bit disconcerting, but not for long. In fact, until I read this thread I had completely forgotten about it. Now I find the Trophy the best handling bike I have ever had and I am taking some corners that I used to find tricky a lot faster than ever before. Good to get everything checked, just in case, but if it's like my experience, pretty soon you won't even notice it.

I agree Mick. My bike has been off the road for nearly a month and when I got back on yesterday I had to learn to ride the bike with its light front end all over again.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 01:16:34 pm »
With the colder weather I have added 2 Psi to front and back and now it seems to "White line"

When I first rode the bike I jumped onto the motorway within 100 yds from the dealer and thought something was terribly wrong, nearly turned round and went back.  But I found it was susceptible to buffeting from following a van.  In clear air it was fine (I don't even notice now).

Front tends to drop in on very slow corners that is why I upped the pressure in the front, It is not bad just have to pull back on the bars a bit.

But apart from turbulent air no problem at high speed.

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 09:43:09 pm »
Wind buffetting and "Loose feeling front end" are common and engineered into the handling of the TTSE. I found it handled more "stable" once I put the LARGE CalSci windshield on my bad boy. Never-the-less, once you're accustomed to the bike it becomes second nature and all other sport cruisers start to feel "wooden" in comparison! -Dr Ron  :018:
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline Damian

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: SprintGT
  • City / Town: Waikanae
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 09:01:36 am »
Hi Emilot,
sounds to me like the pannier(s) may not attached correctly.

The front locating lugs need to be correctly seated in the pannier slots. If not, the bag will swing without the control bar and create an uneasy cornering wobble as the panniers move sideways outside of the intended locator.

Cheers
Damian

tweedy-bunch