Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Cycle World Comp  (Read 2131 times)

Offline wingjack

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: tucson
Cycle World Comp
« on: December 18, 2013, 11:16:18 AM »
I've been riding and racing motorcycles for 45 years and read the magazine reviews with an open mind.  The recent comp with BMW, Coni, FJR and the TT is one for serious scrutiny.  I've allways riden the bikes I consider buying.  Last year and this year I went through all in the article.  The 1600 BMW has the best engine and the worst transmission on a bike I have ever ridden,  the clunking up and down through the gears made me bring it back to the dealer after only a couple of miles, scarry price also.  The Coni, while very powerful, has very heavy handling, especially at low speeds.  The hard seat had me squrming in no time along with a disslike for the bikes ABS.  The FJR is too cramped for my 6'1" frame and has never advanced to a 6 speed tranny.  Riding and buying the TT was my choice because of low end grunt, excellent handling, good seat, excellant ABS, and all the audio options.  The only thing guys, don't fall over, with no body protection at all it will be very expensive.  :745:
Wingjack

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: Cycle World Comp
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 12:00:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by wingjack [+]
  The only thing guys, don't fall over, with no body protection at all it will be very expensive.  :745:

I'm sure you have been looking at that:
https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,770.0.html
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Cycle World Comp
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 12:32:10 PM »
There are several after market products available from R & G Racing to protect the bike in the event of having a bad day,
including "Adventure" ( Crash ) Bars, Fork Protectors, Bar End Sliders, Exhaust Protector and Swingarm Protector.  :028:

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 09:38:58 AM by Coconut »