Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Corbin seat  (Read 4739 times)

Offline davepierce

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: San Diego
Corbin seat
« on: December 19, 2013, 06:03:29 pm »
Hey folks,
My name is Dave and I am considering a transition from the Gold Wing to a Trophy but need a bit of information.  I am 6'7" tall and I've sat on the Trophy without difficulty.  However, I would like another inch of clearance between my knees and the front fairing.  Does the Corbin seat move the rider back a little bit from the stock seat position?  If so, then this will be the kicker to get me moving.  Thanks.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: Corbin seat
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 06:12:21 pm »
Hi Dave
 :400: Welcome aboard, you may want to stop at the "New Members" section and introduce yourself.  :821:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 06:16:40 pm »
Hi Dave and  :400: to the Forum !

Sorry I don't have any inforamtion on the Corbin, or other seats, however ......

As far as I am aware, the US Trophy is supplied with a stock "low" seat,
but like the Standard seat we have in the Uk, it should be height adjustable to two different positions.

When the seat is removed there is a metal bar running across the front underside
which can be clipped into two different locations to get the different heights.

I'd ask the dealer to check - was the seat the "Low" version and was it set in the "Low" position.

If it was in the Low position, try moving it to the High position,
and if that's still too Low for you, you could ask about getting the Standard seat
and trying the two different positions of that.

I dont think either will move you back by much, but the extra bit of height might just do the trick   :028:

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 09:33:49 am by Coconut »

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 06:31:09 pm »
*Originally Posted by davepierce [+]
Hey folks,
My name is Dave and I am considering a transition from the Gold Wing to a Trophy but need a bit of information.  I am 6'7" tall and I've sat on the Trophy without difficulty.  However, I would like another inch of clearance between my knees and the front fairing.  Does the Corbin seat move the rider back a little bit from the stock seat position?  If so, then this will be the kicker to get me moving.  Thanks.

I have a Corbin on mine. I don't know if it moves me up, back, or both,  but it definitely makes it a bit more difficult to flat foot both feet.  There is a thread on here somewhere that talks about the Corbin quite a bit.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 11:19:16 am by BigD »

Offline Cide1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fishers
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 07:51:11 pm »
My bike came with the Triumph "heated low" seat, which I replaced with the Triumph "comfort" seat.  I felt like the height is fairly close (maybe the comfort is a tiny bit higher), but the comfort seat has a shape which lets me sit back further, getting my legs away from the tank.  Overall, the comfort is much better for me, and spreads the weight much better.  At a height of 6'2", and weight of about 235 pounds, I'm not sure how much of this will translate to you with another 5 inches of height, but I think it would be a step in the right direction.

Oh, and welcome to the site.

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 01:33:14 pm »
Hey Dave, I just purchased a Corbin and it raises your position at least an inch higher and certainly an inch further from the handlebars. I am only 5'8" so I had to send it back to them for a "nose-job" and also to move the seat's "sweet-spot" forward one inch. When it came back to me it was excellent! PS: a "nose-job" consists of stripping all padding off the sides of the seat-pan in front of the "sweet-spot" so your thighs are closer together allowing easier access to the ground despite the taller saddle position. This worked out well for me at only 5"8" tall so I imagine it will be excellent for you at your height of 6"7"! I highly recommend the heated version, it's so very worth it. The folks at Corbin give you up to one year from date of delivery to send it back to them for a free revision to suit your needs, totally worth it. -Dr Ron  :038:
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline umph

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Florida
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 05:48:47 pm »
Dave, I traded in my Goldwing for a Trophy 3 months ago.  I purchased a heated seat from Russell Daylong and absolutely love it.  I am 6'1".  The Daylong seat is a little taller than the standard seat (two height settings for drivers seat) but moved me back about an inch.  They are custom made so you can move back as much as you need to.  They will ask for photos of you sitting on the bike and make the new seat to accommodate your size.  So much more fun to drive than the Goldwing!
2013 Trophy
2013 Hayabusa

Offline Padman63

• Trophy Member
  • Get er Done, Make er smoke
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Diego Way, CA
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 02:27:34 am »
Yeah, I went from the Goldwing to the Trophy as well. I can certainly agree with you that it is solo much more fun to ride than the Goldwing
2013 Triumph Trophy
2007 Honda Goldwing
2006 BMW R1200RT
2006 Harley Davidson Streetglide
2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic