Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Fairly new member, just got the bike!  (Read 3793 times)

Offline shyoung1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Front Royal
Fairly new member, just got the bike!
« on: December 22, 2013, 04:50:41 PM »
I joined a couple months ago, and have been lurking, but yesterday rode my new Trophy SE (Lunar Silver of course) home! Coming from a cruiser to a sport-tourer is quite a move for me, but what a motorcycle this Triumph is. I never get to ride as much as I want, but this bike with all the accouterments may help change that!

This list has been very helpful already, and I've learned a lot about this bike and accessories available, and already bought a Zumo mount from Maple Farkles.

Looking forward to the growth of this group as the word is out on this motorcycle!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Fairly new member, just got the bike!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »
 Hi there and welcome!

:400:

Wishing you many trouble free miles on your new ride!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 05:25:59 PM »
Hello welcome and Merry Xmas!
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 05:45:20 PM »
 :401: to the forum, and don't be 'shy'! :745: 
We've warned people not to test-ride a Trophy unless you're prepared to buy!  Hope the weather holds out for you through the winter enough to get some good rides in. Also, before you install the Zumo mount (I assume you are referring to the Triumph accessory), make sure you also get the small wiring harness for power hookup as well. The part number is listed in the online instructions for the mount, but not usually shown on websites, unless you search by the part number. It will save you some time!  And glad you bought a Silver one!!!
Ride safe!
STONEY

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 09:10:01 PM »
The Triumph part number for the GPS power cable is 1567682. I suggest only buying this part instead of the kit (2124632) which gives the instructions for the wrong bike and six tie wraps that you can supply yourself.

You can order here.

-Don-  SSF, CA
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline big bird

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hatfield PA
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 09:16:58 PM »
 :400: and good riding with your new Trophy
BB
BB
1979 Yamaha  SR 500
2013 Suzuki 250 GW

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 09:18:55 PM »
Also, be sure to check the several threads in this forum about the GPS installation. There is also a audio cable that you must connect, which looks more like a small hose.

To do the job correctly will take some time and removing almost all the plastic on the bike. Fairly big job to have to do just to install a GPS, but it's a very good way to get familiar with the bike.  If you're also going to install dual horns and crash bars, do it all at the same time while all the plastic is off the bike. See the threads on those items too.

However, I installed my dual horns right on the new crash bars.

-Don-  SSF, CA
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline shyoung1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Front Royal
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 01:43:40 AM »
Thanks all the nice welcome messages!

Like I said, I have been lurking and deciding what I wanted, knew about the connecting cable and audio connection. While the dealer was installing heated grips, etc, I had them pull the cable up for the GPS, but they said the audio cable is a short female plug and it needs an extention cable with two male ends. I have a Zumo 550, and since I thought I had everything, they installed it in short order when I picked it up yesterday. I told them not to worry about the audio cable because I have a Sena SMH10 headset and would be using that instead of Trophy speakers. Well, I can get everything to work, receive and make phone calls, radio, music from iphone, EXCEPT audio from GPS. Am I wrong thinking the audio connection is just for external speakers? Everything else is working off of Bluetooth, why isn't gps audio?
Just an excellent example of why this forum is needed!
Thanks again, everyone.