Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: potencial buyer  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Lesco

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: SWINDON
potencial buyer
« on: December 27, 2013, 01:29:06 pm »
Hi all, I've done the introductions, now to the questions if I may.

• If you could change anything about your Trophy's that would make them perfect what would it be?

• what faults (if any) have you encountered and what should I look out for when buying a new Trophy?

• What MPG are you all getting around town and on long journey's?

thanks in advance for any help and advice
"MAY YOUR SHADOW NEVER GROW SHORT"

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: potencial buyer
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 02:11:47 pm »
Hi Lesco....

there are several threads on the go concerning all of these.... use the search facility and you will find them all...

but in the meantime here is a link to a great list of Trophy bits and bobs that Coconut created

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,1602.0.html

Mileage depends on how you are riding it..... Riding in a leisurely way and you will see nearly 400 miles from a full tank..... riding a little more spirited will see around 250....

Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 03:50:42 pm »
Lesco,
In response to your first question I find little about the bike that I'd change. However I've only had it 3 months but one and a half of those it's been put down for a long winters nap because I live on the frozen tundra of central Maine, USA. The first 2300 miles were great.

Two. There have been a few more glitches with this bike than Mr. Bloor would have preferred. My battery failed. At least I hope it was only the battery. It's still possible that I have a short somewhere that caused the failure. We'll see in the spring. Here and on the triumphrat forums I seen only a few people really unhappy with the bike. Most seem extremely happy.

The best MPG I've seen was around 50 and the worst low 40s.

As I responded to your introduction, don't do a test ride unless you're prepared to spend something like £14,000.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 04:07:40 pm »
HI Lesco,
as Cropbiker put it most of your questions/concerns have been addressed in different threads on this Forum. Regarding your first point I would have preferred a better protection from the rear splashing, paniers easier to fill up with a less tortured form and softer inner bags, and lastly a simpler block of commands for the Audio/Computer (too many switches)
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline KenSmith

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Corbin, Kentucky
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 05:30:59 pm »
Get the BMW or the Gold Wing instead. Or even the FJR, Concours, or ST1300.

When the Trophy runs, it's the best bike I've ever owned. But it sometimes chooses not to run. Mine is in the shop to determine why it sometimes drains the battery overnight. The issue has not occurred while the mechanics have had possession of the bike. The tech guys at Triumph actually told the mechanics that riding the 17 mile per day round trip to work is not sufficient to keep the battery charged.

They are full of crap. They are basically telling me that Triumph's flagship bike requires nightly charging under normal use.

I doubt the marketing folks at Triumph would want that printed in the owners' manual. But the tech support guys make their living denying warranty claims, so they insult my intelligence by telling me it's OK for the bike to need nightly charging.

As much as I love this bike when it runs, I cannot recommend it to anyone. It is not worthy.

I cannot afford to trade the bike this soon after I bought it, so I'll be riding around with a fully charged spare battery in the saddle bag until Triumph steps up and fixes the bike or I save the money for a proper touring bike from a quality-oriented manufacturer.
Ken Smith
Corbin, Kentucky
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere - Coming Soon
2013 Triumph Trophy SE - Going Soon
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 05:55:59 pm »
Hi Lesco

I bought mine new in July ive now covered 3,000 miles averaging 53.7 per gallon, with no problems but then it is a silver TT

If I had to choose a bike again I would without hesitation buy another one.

Roger

Offline big bird

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hatfield PA
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 06:14:33 pm »
Hi
I bought my trophy this august, have not any problems with the bike .
Things that I would change . DELET THE RADIO and make the heated grips and seat come standard with the se package
Mileage / highway 55 mpg/ around town 45 mpg
BB
BB
1979 Yamaha  SR 500
2013 Suzuki 250 GW

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 06:45:08 pm »
I'm quite pleased with the bike as is.  If I had one thing to change it would be to make the radio and cruise controls lit at night so I could see what I am doing.  I hate fumbling in the dark.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST