Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: First Thousand  (Read 1482 times)

Offline wingjack

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: tucson
First Thousand
« on: December 28, 2013, 04:33:06 pm »
Just logged my 1st thousand miles in Tucson Az.  No problems except some minor pulsing from the front brake.  Dealer says if it gets worse they'll replace the rotors.  Great mileage, super handling and lots of grunt from the 3 cyl engine.  Did my own 500 service, did not include a fuel filter change, that seemed a bit silly.  The radio works great with my ipod, if you have that, why pay monthly for xm.  Got my heated grips free due to the salesman making the mistake of telling me the bike came with them.  Yes we have 30 degree mornings in the desert and heated grips are great.  I plan oil changes at 5k not 10.  Clean oil is cheap insurance, even when paying near $10 a quart.  Will let all know how my first 5k goes and the issue with the front brake rotors.  Ride safe!  :046:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:39:56 pm by wingjack »
Wingjack

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: First Thousand
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 05:55:12 pm »
Aah, Arizona - Happy memories from back in 2001 ....

Rented that Road King - was almost new - great fun ( until the throttle cable went on the East Rim of the Grand Canyon ),
but even without such weather and scenery over here,  I get more enjoyment out of the Trophy  :028:

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: First Thousand
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 09:10:38 pm »
Welcome!!!   Will be down your way in Elephant Butte for a month in March.  Any suggestions for great AZ / NM rides???
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC

Offline wingjack

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: tucson
Rides in AZ
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 11:04:17 pm »
Hey folks!  Try the Hanigans ride from Clifton Morenci area to Hanigan's Meadow.  More twists and turns than the
Dragons Tail.  That is route 191, takes you to Alpine AZ, 8050 ft high, bring warm clothes, it can be cold.  Take 180 East through some great riding through New Mexico!
Wingjack

tweedy-bunch