Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Just tried mt Interphone F3XT....  (Read 5122 times)

Offline davybull

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE L
  • City / Town: Wigan
Just tried mt Interphone F3XT....
« on: December 28, 2013, 04:53:03 pm »
.... and can confirm that it is not useable for me!

Firstly it breaks up constantly especially if I turn my head to the right and secondly even on full volume I can hear bugger all above about 40mph and very little below that! I've tried both the handlebar controls and the volume controls on the unit itself. Playing music via USB connected ipod.

I've checked that the speakers are right next to my ear openings so that isn't the problem. My lid is a Caberg Justissimo so it ain't the quietest but I did expect to be able to hear the music.
I know that coconut is using one of these successfully so any ideas?

Well annoyed!!!  :233:

Dave.
Trust me......
I ride a Triumph.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Just tried mt Interphone F3XT....
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 06:10:24 pm »
Hi Dave,

Mine's still working OK - I do get some breaking up of sound, but most often it's due to external inteference,
particularly when I pull up at home, where it seems everyone in the Street must have Wi-Fi, Weather stations,
Ham radios, and who knows what else, which all seem to combine to stop it ( and my car remote unocking ) from working quite regularly !

The volume I don't find to be a problem, and rarely use it at full volume,
even though, at my age - my hearing isn't what it used to be !

The helmet I have at the moment is quite noisy, especially at high speeds,
but I can still hear music and the Sat Nav instructions clearly enough to understand them.

I would try a Tech support question to Interphone in Italy and see what they say,
They normally respond quite quickly - it may be that there's a fault with yours ?

They also have Firmware updates available from time to time -
I'm not sure what the latest version is, but it can be updated on-line if there is one.

Here's a link for their Tech support :  Interphone Cellularline Support

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 06:16:45 pm by Coconut »

Offline davybull

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 10:12:37 pm »
Interphone eventually got back to me and suggested turning off the automatic volume control on the unit. However the are not any instructions how to do this in the box so had to ask for a procedure to sort it. After 2 weeks and quite a few e-mails they have now eventually sent me a procedure to follow.

So set it up again but still not that loud so I'm experimenting at the mo moving the speakers and have got it a bit better but still not fantastic. Need to get out on the bike to try it and if it doesn't work I'm going to try to convert it to in ear headphones somehow to try to improve things.

Will keep you posted.

Dave.
Trust me......
I ride a Triumph.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 07:45:05 am »
Hi Dave,

Out of interest, what was the procedure they gave you for disabling the auto volume control -
it might be useful to others with the same system, if it isn't in the supplied instructions ?

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 04:32:10 pm »
You may be right to have to go to earphone connections to get better audio.  I have a Nolan N104, with Sena SMH10, Tork Pro speakers (have to trim the speaker recessed for them to fit) which are louder than the Sena's, and the Sena mount that allows you to plug in 3.5MM earphones (I use the less expensive Bose) and before I put on the Cal-Sci windshield I used the Bose most of the time to be able hear the audio on the highway.  I saw a how-to somewhere about converting a Bluetooth headset to 3.5mm connection for headphones from speakers.  The Tork Pro's come with a 3.5MM male so it's easy with the Sena mount to swap back and forth from the speakers to the earbuds.  Before anyone gets all knotted up about earbuds on a motorcycle - THEY DO NOT BLOCK OUT OUTSIDE NOISE, CONTRARY TO POPULAR OPINION, unless you crank up the volume enough that it would make you deaf in short order anyway.  With the buds in I can actually hear outside sounds better than I could if I had foam earplugs in, which I would always wear when riding to shut out some of the damaging noise.  You may do an internet search about converting the speaker circuit to 3.5MM female and find those instructional pictures.  The good thing about converting it is that you could still get some Tork Pro speakers if you so desired and have both options, and Tork Pro also has an amplifier that will fit in a chest pocket that will boost the volume even more.  There is a review of them on Webbikeworld.com
Hope you get it sorted.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline davybull

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 04:07:07 pm »
Good post Trophied. There is an adaptor available from interphone but if you want to use the microphone as well it's a pain with loads of connections.

Eventually got chance to get out on the bike this morning and have a play about. Turned off the auto volume control and had a play with the positions of the speakers in the helmet. Did get it much better that it was last time I tried it and with the visor closed I can now hear music fine at 40mph and just about at 70mph. So I'm going to tweak the speakers again to see if I can get it even better and if I can I'm not going to bother hacking it to bits so I can use ear buds.

The dropping out didn't happen as much either today for some reason!

Dave.
Trust me......
I ride a Triumph.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 04:36:59 pm »
Glad your on the road to getting it all sorted.  It does help when things start to improve and show signs of promise.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch