Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Riding Modes  (Read 3414 times)

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
Riding Modes
« on: December 29, 2013, 06:29:15 PM »
I have a question.  In the cold winter months here in Michigan I have just been reading information etc about the bike since I cannot ride and I came across a review of the bike and in it he states that the different modes, sport, comfort, and normal not only control the suspension but have motor variables also.  Can anyone confirm this and possibly expand the information a little as to what is different.  Just interested to know.  Thanks to anyone who helps.

It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline Lieu57

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE-Black
  • City / Town: Ohio
Re: Riding Modes
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 07:02:10 PM »
Where did you see this information? The TTSE doesn't have any variable power delivery modes. The suspension settings regulate only the rebound damping (comfort, normal, and sport) and spring pre-load (one up, one up with luggage, and two up). The following article may help:

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/06/25/2013-sport-touring-motorcycle-comparison-test-review-photos-specs/

Hope that helps.
'15 TTSE
Black
"Young riders pick a destination... Old riders pick a direction..."

Offline Lieu57

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE-Black
  • City / Town: Ohio
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »
It would be nice, IMHO, if the TT did have variable power delivery, but I've got to admit…the 1215 triple is a pretty tractable drivetrain as is. I've got zero complaints. Pulls great at low and mid-range, and really sings when you spin it up!!
'15 TTSE
Black
"Young riders pick a destination... Old riders pick a direction..."

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 07:56:25 PM »
This is really funny, I just came back from a ride and was wondering the very same thing. I pulled over and switched between the modes to see if there was any difference in throttle ( my yamaha did some remapping, REALLY made a difference)
I dont think I noticed any change in throttle response, but it was pretty darn foggy along the river so I never got to really experiment.
Im curious too.
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »
Yep, he pretty much stated that as a fact!  Perhaps it was a pre-production feature that was nixed for production models???
STONEY

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »
There's another one in there too about the TTC ( Triumph Traction Control ) :
The traction control is adjustable through the controls but I left it on 01,
it seemed OK and it didn't stop me making some quick getaways.
The Traction Control is either ON or OFF, there are no numbered settings, such as "01"

He does mention that "this bike isn't even out yet,", so it is possible that there were some features
on the bike he rode that didn't make it to the released production version,
but it could also just be an example of why you should never believe everything you read in the Press !

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 10:20:57 AM »
I might have had the traction control come on the other day (gravel over bitumen) but was too busy looking at getting out of trouble - I put it down to me lol!

The fueling on the Trophy is perfect, power is just what you want and no need for any mode to save fuel as that is fantastic as well.

Variable power modes could have a use if low and high octane fuels could be used, with appropriate adjustments to the tuning, but that is just an extra complication, and if the knock sensors fail it causes problems.

tweedy-bunch