Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Looking for a Demo Ride  (Read 8532 times)

Offline carpevita

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: ST1300 FJR1300AE
  • City / Town: New Jersey
Looking for a Demo Ride
« on: December 30, 2013, 12:59:42 am »
Anyone know of a dealer in the Northeast with a bike to demo. It seems triumph has discontinued their demo program.  Would love to take it for a spin before I pull the lever.... Dan

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: Looking for a Demo Ride
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 02:15:43 am »
*Originally Posted by carpevita [+]
Anyone know of a dealer in the Northeast with a bike to demo. It seems triumph has discontinued their demo program.  Would love to take it for a spin before I pull the lever.... Dan
I bought mine without the test ride, even though such was offered. And I have  no complaints. I thought I did at first, on the way home, because I hated the mirrors. They could only be adjusted to see mostly my own gloves. But after I found out handlebar mirrors could be added, I was very happy with the bike. So far, I have not heard of anybody who didn't like the ride after a test ride. In fact, I've heard many say only test ride if you are sure you want to buy on the spot.

I think I was the only one who wasn't super impressed, simply because I hated those stock mirrors. I think in my case, it was a good thing I did NOT go for the test ride or else I might not have bought the bike unless somebody told me about adding those handlebar mirrors right then.

-Don-  SSF, CA
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 03:22:55 am »
I too bought mine without a test ride.  In fact I ordered mine based on the Triumph website.  I haven't been disappointed.  Having said that I can understand why you would want to test ride one first.  Northeast is a pretty big geography.  Can you be a bit more specific?
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 04:52:02 am »
No test ride for me either.  Saw it first at the Progressive Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, Ca., about a year ago.  After looking at the specs and long feature list, I knew this was what I was looking for.  Then I sat on it and thought it was way too top heavy for me!  But many months later, I started reading articles and watching YouTube videos of various road tests, and it was unanimous, the bike gets light as soon as it starts rolling.  That was all I needed to hear!  Zero regrets.  And the mirrors are fine for me!
STONEY

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 06:38:45 am »
*Originally Posted by Stoney [+]
  And the mirrors are fine for me!
I guess your gloves are more exciting to look at than are mine! :180:

-Don-  SF, CA
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 01:06:36 pm »
I had the RT as my first choice for new bike, but the BMW dealership didnt want to let me take it out. Told him I was buying that day, no good. Both Triumph dealerships here will darn near force you on the bike and make you try it out.
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 01:31:20 pm »
Looking at carpevita's other posts, it looks like he's in New Jersey.

( Not the North East we know and love over here, fondly known as "Georgie Land"  :164:
so I can't help with the original question ! )

Is there anyone on his side of the pond that knows a good Triumph Dealer
in that area, with a Trophy available to test - that could post details here ready
for when carpevita gets back from the vacation I assume he's gone on ?

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 02:02:30 pm »
*Originally Posted by carpevita [+]

Define northeast. Northeast England, USA, Australia?
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

tweedy-bunch