Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Deposit placed  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Deposit placed
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »
Well I went into my local dealership today with my old bike. A deal was agreed and I signed on the dotted line for a Blue, standard Trophy with heated grips, seat, satnav holder, tang bag and top box. I collect it on 16th Feb. Interestingly, all the extras I wanted are in stock at the factory apart from the satnav. The UK and abroad must have differing ordering systems given the complaints about delays I read about from you guys in the US.

Anyway it is all systems go!

Roll on 16th Feb.

Robin
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
Re: Deposit placed
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:31:19 PM »
Or is the fact that we can't have a standard one. We only get the SE and my blue one won't be here till April.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:02:13 PM »
Well the bike is in stock because it is the non-SE I suspect. I am still suprised though that all the extras I have ordered are in stock given the fact that the US and Canada guys are having to wait for them. 

George Harrison

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 02:49:56 AM »
I have just about all the extras coming as the dealer has agreed to make me a launch bike as for some reason we can't get them here as well. He has ordered everything in hoping it will all be here by the time I get the bike in April.

This was the same with the Explorer last year. I had to wait quite awhile for some of the stuff. Again it was the same thing ordered the bike in Jan., received it in May. For the dealer to get the side bags he had to order a kit which contained the side bags and heated seats as that was in stock. Just side bags not available. I didn't want side bags so I go a great deal on heated seats. He had to blow them out at cost.

The only good part is that it is still not quite riding weather and the person that bought my Explorer needs a bit od time to get the balance of the money.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:36:23 AM »
I ordered my standard Trophy 0n 16th Nov'12 for delivery on 1st March, along with all the heated bits, touring screen and Sat Nav mount, I then had to ring them in early December to ask if they could fit the front fender extender and while I was on the phone they asked if I wanted the bike any earlier. I asked how early and they said before Xmas!!!!

I agreed a date of 7th Jan and collected it with everything fitted.

Does everyone in north America want a Trophy SE?

The main reason I bought a standard one was I could not think why you would want to try to listen to a radio while riding a bike (I'd rather listen to the exhaust note and keep fully aware of what's going on around) and pay £1400 more for that plus the adjustable suspension, all the more possible problems to occur with evermore technical/complicated modern bikes.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 01:43:50 PM »
I assume that Triumph had done their homework and decided that the SE was the bike that would be appropriate in the US. Although I added a lot of extras onto my bike, I also didn't want a radio and was more than happy to adjust the suspension myself. Some of the additional £1400 could be therefore spent on the addons I wanted not those forced on me by the specifications of the machine.

George Harrison

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 05:11:44 PM »
I ordered my SE 2 days after the UK launch for the 1st of March. The dealer has rang me to say that the bike is now with them. But the weather conditions are telling me to wait until March.

I couldn't agree more about the specs? The only thing that sold me the SE was the TES. As for the radio they could have fitted an ash tray and I don't even smoke  :745:

I dont understand why when ordering a bike that's not even built it cannot be specified to the buyers requirements. But in all fairness its still cheaper than the Beemer RT of the same spec.
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

tweedy-bunch