Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Little different take on finding audio plug  (Read 1728 times)

Offline shyoung1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Front Royal
Little different take on finding audio plug
« on: December 31, 2013, 02:40:12 pm »
Altho I had informed my dealer there was an audio plug down where the "clean" 12v plug for Garmin was located, they failed to bring it up to where I needed it to hook up. I'm using a Zumo 550, so I needed a separate audio extension cable brought to the Zumo bracket.
So I did it myself, after reading everything on here about it. But what I found, now I know the dealer had been in there to connect the Triumph extension cable to the 12 volt, was it was quite easy to find the audio plug once I knew where it was.
1. Pull out the left mirror, as described many places on here, get fingers into outside edge and give it a tug.
2. I found it seems all important body holding bolts are the large headed stainless 5mm allen head bolts. there is one to the left side when you pull out mirror which holds turn signal lens in. Push in on spring loaded connector to the bulb and remove connector, remove bolt and pull out the turn signal lens.
3. This will expose one of those bolts from front of bike looking rearward, where the lens came out. Remove that bolt.
4. Then go back behind the mirror and look up to right upper and there is another of those bolts. Remove that bolt.
5. Go to front of bike, grasp the body work piece which the turn signal fits in and gently pull it forward and down and it slips right off. And those connectors are right there accessible to get to!
I also took the two bolts out of the glovebox,, pulled it out and just let it hang over the side, as it made it easy to run the wires. At the same time turned my USB plug over as it was upside down.
Does anybody know what the dark gray connector under the glovebox is for? it has a plug with a jumper wire on it, did not have any voltage when key was switched on??

Hope this helps somebody else that needs to connect to their GPS, the job, as far as connecting the wires could be done in less than an hour knowing how to get to connectors!

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
Re: Little different take on finding audio plug
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:09:22 pm »
In the new year I will be wiring for a Zumo so thanks for that, I had intended to trawl through the gps posts to find the easy way.

Roger

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 11:46:47 pm »
Great description Shyoung, you have made it very clear.

I have got the mount and the cable, but have held off getting the Zumo 660 until I need it.
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 12:08:04 am »
Good description. I will have to find out what happened when mine was installed, as the dealer used the right connecting cable but audio does not go through the sound system.  And he kindly hid all the cabling back where the tank is, so it can wait until the R&G bars go on.  I use a blutooth headset for the GPS anyway, but nice to have the option.