Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Spare speed nut  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Spare speed nut
« on: January 03, 2014, 05:23:17 AM »
Howdy all.

I found a clip nut under the bike today, exactly the same as the one at the rear of the battery cover.  I know there is another one on the left hand side for the lockable compartment.  Both of those nuts are still there.  I have only taken off the sidecover to look at the fuses so far, so are there any more of these on the bike?

The dealer took off some bodywork to put in the GPS mount and wiring, but all that seems located. Did i get a freebee from Triumph!  I also have the three allen head bolts spare when the top box sliding bracket was fitted, so I am getting my spare bits collection from the Trophy off to a flying start.

When I fit the R&G bars I can double check.  I went through Coconut's and the PDF of the R&G instructions but no other such nut seems to be undone.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Spare speed nut
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 10:05:19 AM »
Hi Saaz,

There are numerous "Captive Nuts" used on the various Trophy bodywork panels.

You may well have received a "freebie" from father Triumph, but the best I can offer,
is to suggest having a trawl through this site : World of Triumph Parts Locator
to see where the various Captive nuts are fitted, then check the ones on your bike as and when you can  :028:

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: Spare speed nut
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 04:26:02 PM »
When I wired up my GPS I dropped a battery bolt down into the fairing.   I used a stick magnet to fish it out and came up with not only it but a 'spare screw' as well.   Next time at the dealer I showed it to 'the Triumph Guy' and he just shrugged...   I ASSume it was dropped during assembly and they just didn't bother to look for it on the assembly line.   

Or, something is afloat inside... (:>
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC