Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Wired in my Zumo 550  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Queensland Ken

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Toowoomba
Wired in my Zumo 550
« on: January 03, 2014, 09:06:53 am »
With the help of some good posts on the forum I spent a bit of time today wiring in the Zumo to the audio system.
Found the power and audio leads without any problems.

Coming from the FJR, it's easy to see the build quality of the Trophy, no push in scrivets etc.

I mounted the GPS mount using the spare mirror mount on the LHS clutch, I think it's a 10mm 1.25 metric fine.
I like having the GPS close to my left hand, ease of access.

I soldered the Garmin power lead to the bike wires, Blue +ve  Black -ve and bundled the excess into the faring cavity.

Used a 3.5 mm audio extension lead to run to the Garmin mount. The extension cable is a socket / plug lead, perfect.

Seeing I love Earmolds and to save what's left of my hearing, I wanted to adapt something so I can use them.

Bought a Bluetooth receiver adaptor and mounted it under the seat. It has a 3.5 mm audio socket outlet.
For us Aussies, the Dick Smith one in their catalogue.

I used a European lighter plug from the passenger's outlet to feed a 12V- 5V usb power supply, 2 outputs 1*1amp and 1*2.5 amp. Used one of the outlets to supply the Bluetooth adaptor.

Then another 3.5 mm audio extension cable from the adaptor to come up from under the front of the front seat, similar to a Autocom set up.

The adaptor paired with the bikes bluetooth with out a problem and Bingo, it all works.

Too hot today to test it out on the road, but the Zumo overrides the bike's audio perfectly both music and directions.
Good sound quality, a rather happy chappy.

All up about 2 hours plus 2 shopping trips.

2013 Trophy SE
2013 Stelvio NTX
2007 FJR 1300

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: Wired in my Zumo 550
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 04:55:03 pm »
Nice one dude  :028: :028:
Another satisfied TT rider.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline CoJaW

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 08:08:09 pm »
Well done on wiring in the Zumo!

However, you just couldn't resist mentioning it was 'Too hot today to test it out on the road'!!!!

You'll be talking about cricket next!

:232:

Offline Queensland Ken

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Toowoomba
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 11:49:37 pm »
Sorry,
But I'd rather be out riding the new steed than watching Australia beat the English  :001:

If it's not the heat, it's the storms, wind and sometimes hail that are coming in every afternoon, can't win.

32 degrees at 9 am in the morning, heading up to 39 today, even the breeze is hot.
2013 Trophy SE
2013 Stelvio NTX
2007 FJR 1300

tweedy-bunch