Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Bags  (Read 2219 times)

Offline wingjack

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: tucson
Bags
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:45:20 pm »
Came home from the dealer, wiping the one month old 2014 TT down, noticed the front pannier support bracket on the right rear of the bike had broken leaving the pannier supported by the back bracket only.  The hooks on the bag where OK.  I keep a Frogtog rain outfit and an extra pair of gloves in the right rear.  The support brackets are some kind of plastic and is not very substantial considering it has to hold up a 16 lb empty and a claimed safe load of  an additional 22 lbs, total of 38 lbs.  I would have thought the supports and hook system would be a good deal stronger, especially if on rough roads where bouncing increases stress on the plastic.   Plastic isn't always the was to go.  I'm sure it will be a warrantied item.  Keep an eye out for stress cracks!
Wingjack

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bags
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 12:42:06 am »
Thanks for the heads up. I just bought my 2014 on December 21st. Since we are currently enjoying five inches of snow and sub zero temps here in Ohio I haven't racked up many miles. I will keep an eye on the mounts when I get a chance to put some miles on the Trophy

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Was: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 01:01:18 am »
Thought the same thing when I bought my TTSE and was also a bit worried about the lid fastening system.   

I check the 'hooks' frequently, so far so good at 8000 miles, about 4500 of that fully loaded..   

The lid system has turned out to be a non-issue EXCEPT that soft items flop over the lower seal between the bag body and lid and you have to be careful not to get them jammed in there...  Be nice if there was some sort protective flap over that area.

1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES NON-DCT

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 03:30:38 am »
Have to admit that in 10,000 miles I've never checked.  With your warning in mind I should do so.  :028:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 06:50:38 am »
Thanks for the heads up on this one Wingjack  :028:

Offline Lieu57