Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: what happens when you don't pay close attention to the state of your tyres?  (Read 7152 times)

Offline Mick

• Trophy Member
  • mderrig
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sydney

That's what happens.

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
How many clicks did you get out of it Mick? I'm near 10K and the rear is still OK for another couple of K's (at least that's what I thought before I saw yours). :086:
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
That doesn't look like something I want to experience!  How many miles / km on the tire?  And how does the front compare?
 :114:
STONEY

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
I was going to ask shortly if the Angel STs wore consistently towards the end of their life, or like some tyres disappeared quickly.  I should have a spare set of tyres on hand shortly (the Angel GT A version).  I have been used to tyres that wear consistently.

Offline Mick

• Trophy Member
  • mderrig
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sydney
They have approx 14,000 ks on them. I have been holding off because I has some other services to be carried out. These were my 2nd set of Angel STs. First ones got 13,500 ks. They seem to degrade very very quickly over the last couple of hundred Ks. I have been looking at them because I knew they must be getting close. But some parts of the tyre don't look too bad, then you turn the wheel half  a turn and find that. In future I will check the tyre all the way around.

I have put the bike in this morning for new Angel GTs, 2nd major service, centre stand recall and new cylinder heads.

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Thanks for that. I am at 6000kms so will take 14,000kms as a maximum figure. I should have some Angel GTs A spec as spares in the garage.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Hi Mick  :460:

Thanks for sharing this wth us - a timely reminder to check those tyres ( tires ) before every ride  :028:

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Exactly the same happened to me in Scotland last year. I only got 4,200 miles out of the rear.

I have changed to PR3s and they are not showing half the wear of the Angels.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

tweedy-bunch