Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Update on broken pannier support  (Read 1531 times)

Offline wingjack

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: tucson
Update on broken pannier support
« on: January 07, 2014, 08:03:00 pm »
Update!  Just got back from the dealer in Tucson.  They inspected the broken right rear pannier support on the TT.  Looked up the part number to see if Triumph had it to ship.  Only found one right rear, fortunate for me that is the side that broke.  They wanted to replace both sides, but found the left support is on back order.  The front and rear supports you see from the outside are intigrated, one piece, not separate.  I was amazed as I walked through the showroom, to find that Triumph puts heavy metal supports on there other bikes that have panniers, probably aluminum, very substantial compared to the light plastic ones on the TT.  If a pannier came off at highway speeds and your riding buddies are behind you, that is a severe hazard.  I plan to write Triumph about my concerns.  As I stated before I've only had the TT for a month, gone on short rides and pack a Frogtog rain suite and an extra pair of gloves in the right rear pannier that is supposed to support 22lbs on luggage.  Inspect your plastic supports often!
Wingjack

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
Re: Update on broken pannier support
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 11:01:41 pm »
if you write you to triumph, remind them they have not yet solved the intermittency of music entirely by bluetooth

Offline Papermaker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Custer, WI.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 01:02:38 am »
You could also ask them about the low voltage warning, dead batteries and the cam chain rattle.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 08:29:24 am »
Just for information, there's an exploded drawing of the "Pannier Rails" here : Trophy Rear Panels ( Items 8 & 9 )

tweedy-bunch