Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: The odd problem!  (Read 11647 times)

Offline Trom100

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Weston
The odd problem!
« on: February 02, 2013, 11:15:14 AM »
So at about 3000 miles I have had the odd interesting problem with the bike (blue standard Trophy) which I thought I would share. 

1.  The screen occasionally goes up when it should go down or sometimes doesn’t go anywhere at all.  Normally this happens when the engine is running and bike stationary but not always!  My dealer (Fowlers in Bristol) have the same problem on their demo and they are waiting some new parts from Triumph to see if this fixes it. Irritating but manageable.

2.  A single line of pixels on the LCD display is not working, again irritating but manageable.

3.  Yesterday the sidestand interlock switch failed to work.  It failed dangerous which is not good but today after the weekly wash is working again.  My bike is thoroughly washed at least weekly and  hosed off during the week if it gets too muddy/salty.

4.  Once something somewhere caused binding, luckily only at slow speed, and I had to stop in a hurry.  It appeared to free itself and this hasn't recurred.

5.  On two occasions when starting at a moderate pace but on slightly damp roads I have had a sudden loss of power as if the ASC was operating.  I am quite a moderate driver and particularly careful on damp roads. I know the roads well where this has happened and I am sure it was not me asking too much of the rear wheel  which should, of course, activate the ASC.

6.  The heated front seat indication doesn’t work though the seat does!  I am told this is a software fault which will be fixed.

The bike is going in on Tuesday and I will post updates. 

Notwithstanding any of these issue it remains a brilliant bike which has taken me all over the place in really grotty conditions.

Offline ThickBrit

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2 x Trophies (80k+)
Re: The odd problem!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 12:03:14 AM »
Your point 1) has also happened on my bike (also the A1 version)
Switched off, re-set and no problem since - dealer say next service there will be an update to cure it.

My heated grips light doesn't come on the LCD, dealer says that's only on the SE you get the dash mimic.
Maybe your seat is the same?

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 10:48:01 AM »
Hi, I have an A1 and both the grips and heated seats are on the LCD display when switched on and both display full or half power, so I would say your dealer is giving you wrong information.

Offline RAS

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 11:09:46 AM »
ThickBrit, I agree with Triplemania. I would suggest that the dealer has not updated the bikes' computer correctly to reflect the fact that these extras have been fitted. The bike's computer will not know that these have been fitted unless it is programmed to "see" them. I would suggest that you go back and "educate" your dealer. Page 35 and 77 in the handbook clearly show the displays for heated grips and seat(s) if fitted.

Offline ThickBrit

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2 x Trophies (80k+)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 04:34:34 PM »
I agree. I mentioned the handbook info but they say that's only for the SE.
They are a great crowd there but I think they are feeling their way too.

My R&G bars arrived (I think) so I'll see if they can do the update when they fit the bars.

Offline Trom100

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 05:03:25 PM »
 I should have said I only have heated front seat and the software didn't cope with that. A new software update is now available I'm told.

Offline RAS

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 04:51:33 PM »
Trom100, I look forward to hearing how and if the dealer manages to sort out all your issues with missing display pixels and heated seat displays. I hope that a software update has been released to cure these issues with the heated grips and seats displays, as these should be present on both the SE and standard bike as long as these optional extras have been fitted(!).
Fingers crossed that they manage to de-bug your bike of the other issues as well.
These sort of matters need to be rectified by Triumph as soon as possible otherwise customer confidence will be lost and people will go to BMW or other rivals! As I am awaiting delivery of my new Triumph, I have a keen interest in these isssues and others posted!!!

Offline Trom100

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »
RAS absolutely agree.  I was expecting the odd glitch after all it is a new bike.  When I got my first K1300 GT it was always in and out of the dealer with an endless string of problems.  When I bought another one two years later it was totally fine.  I am sure Triumph will sort all this out - the bike hasn’t let me down (yet!) unlike the BMW and is so good to ride I can forgive these niggles. 

I found then, and still today, that sharing problems on the net really helps and makes one feel generally better!