Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Recalls and upgrades  (Read 2627 times)

Offline freefallnz

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Levin
Recalls and upgrades
« on: January 10, 2014, 12:57:51 AM »
Being a new owner I too have been concerned about the various recalls & upgrade notices.

Had a bit of a hunt.....

Fuel Tank Recall From http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM438577/RCDNN-13V223-5995.pdf

I. Identify the Vehicle Mo
dels Involved in the Recall
2. Identify the Vehicles Involved in the Recall,
for each make and model or applicable vehicle
line (provide illustrations or
photographs as necessary to de
scribe the vehicle), provide
:
Make(s)
: Triumph
Model Years Involved
:
Model(s)
: Trophy and Trophy SE
Production Dates
:
Beginning
: 09/12
Ending
: 03/13
VIN Range
: 568259-601621

Side Stand recall From http://www.recalluk.com/latest/triumph-vehicle-recall.aspx#P_Triumph%20Trophy%20SE

Triumph Trophy Motorcycles Affected By This Recall

There are 243 Triumph motorcycles (across all models) affected by this recall. They were built between June 2012 and February 2013 and have VINs in the range - 561284 to 590855.

&&&&&&&&&

Triumph Trophy SE Motorcycles Affected By This Recall

There are 243 Triumph motorcycles (across all models) affected by this recall. They were built between June 2012 and February 2013 and have VINs in the range - 561284 to 590855.

Engine recall From http://www.triumphrat.net/trophy-1200-triple/329801-engine-upgrade-recall.html#post3666521

poke to my dealer yesterday, and got a look at the actual TSB that Triumph put out about this. It was specifically for United Kingdom, for bikes with serial numbers below 602960.

The rest of the service bulletins that were listed there had emblems for all countries, while this was solely the UK.

This could mean one of two things:

It only affects UK bikes, because of the differences in engine design necessary to deal with different emissions standards
    Triumph only wants to deal with the bikes in the UK at the moment, see how that goes, then worry about other countries

The recall is a non-volatile one, apparently, and is only there to quiet the engines down from the tapping noise that they make. Apparently there is no physical damage occurring in the engine. I know that there are a number of UK riders that are simply waiting for their 10k maintenance window to deal with it.

And from several other forums the story seems to be same that the Engine recall is not a safety issue but a service bulletin.
Keep the shiny side up

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Recalls and upgrades
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:16:10 AM »
The engine problem is covered in a TSB that affects US bike  vut is not a recall.  came out in December
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST