Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Done farkling for one day anyway  (Read 1562 times)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Done farkling for one day anyway
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:54:50 PM »
Well.  Finished some of the other things on the TTSE to do list today.  Set the front end down 12.5mm with the Lusk lowing links, seems to be about the most neutral place I've had them - no hands on  curves and stays right where you put it - not that I plan to make that a habit, just a test.  Added Ride-On tire sealant and balancing goo - put it in the new Angel GT "A" spec rear and new front on the K1600 and it was smooth as silk with no balancing and no weights - lots cheaper mounting tires with no balancing.  Good stuff, and cleans up on the inside of the rims if it is there with wet rag at tire change time - no TPMS sensor issues with this stuff except on Gold Wings.  Installed the Cal-Sci windshield that arrived today - 1-1/2" taller than stock, we'll see after using it if I want to cut it down some - not afraid of doing that.  Never, Ever overtighten a Cal-Sci windshield.  I never have but there are some on posters on other forums that have with disastrous results.  So far:  R&G engine bars, installed by the dealer at the first service for 2-1/2 Hrs labor, Lust Racing lowering links (20mm lower), 3M paint defender (on only the painted front fender so far - neat stuff),waiting on the radiator guard and downpipe guard, Fenda extenda on the front (REALLY need something on the rear).  Using my Butt Buffer off the K1600 for the low seat and it helps a lot.  Still need to make a template for the bracket for my Back Up backrest and we'll be in business with a comfortable rider backrest.  Love this bike and the extras are a whole lot less than a beemer.  Still looking for good looking highway peg brackets and thinking I may have to have some made - I HATE the looks of what is out there right now.  I'll let you know how this 5' 7" rider makes out with the Cal-Sci after I ride it some.  Oh btw I ordered the pannier liners since I didn't like any of the others as well as the genuine Triumph, and they cost the same or less than some others.

Sometimes it best to be careful what you wish for.
2013 Pacific Blue TTSE
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Done farkling for one day anyway
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 08:59:55 AM »
Sounds like you've been busy !

Noticed your comment about "REALLY need something on the rear",
and wondered if you knew about the "Rear Spray Guard"
( Fender Extender ) now fitted as standard on new bikes ?

There's a separate thread on it here : Rear Spray Guard with Photo's.

The part number is T2304609 - your Dealer may find it on their system
under "Parts rather than "accessories" where the front one is found !

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Done farkling for one day anyway
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »
I have the rear extender on order at my dealer. Going to cost a whopping $15.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Rear spray guard
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 03:33:09 PM »
Thanks guys, I may have to go for a little ride today since it's sunny and 60's F. here.  I think I'll see about getting one from the dealer next time I'm that direction.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies