Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: All the recalls & TSB's  (Read 39074 times)

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
All the recalls & TSB's
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:00:53 AM »
I will try to keep this first message updated with important recall and Technical Service Bulletin info.  Keep in mind that the ONLY way to know for certain if your bike needs any of these recalls, regardless of VIN range, is to have at Triumph dealer run YOUR vin number in their private system at Triumph online.net.  Many of these recalls are done at the dealers before the bike is sold.

1. ECM recall                   (VINS 561284 to 637165)    Recall notice   505 (this can incorrectly appear as being a  TPS problem mentioned in many message threads here in this forum). Thanks to Troppo for the copy of the recall notice  below <others needed>): (handwritten vin number edited out):

Note:When going for the ECU recall, be sure to bring ALL your bike's keys to the dealer,  if you still want all your keys to work!  (thanks go to BloodBiker for this info). However, some dealers only seem to require one key, so ask your dealer or else bring both keys.

Also, after this recall is done, be sure to check that your cruise control still works (this info. comes from one of Coconut's messages). If it does not work, try a reset. See Coconut's "CRUISE CONTROL NOT FUNCTIONING" reset instructions here.

2. Centerstand recall       (VINS 561284 to 590855)     Recall notice    508.  Applies to all markets except Brazil. REMEDY:
Triumph will notify owners, and dealers will install a new center stand bracket to the left hand side of the motorcycle frame. The recall is expected to begin during January 2014. Customers may contact Triumph at 1-678-854-2010. Triumph's number for this recall is SB508RM2013/033.

Note:If the R & G Adventure Bars are fitted, a longer bolt will be needed to complete the above bracket install.  Send an e-mail to Gemma Woodford at R & G Racing, ( eMail : gemmawoodford@rg-racing.com ) who makes the "Adventure Bars" for the Trophy, to get the longer bolt (this Info comes from one of Coconut's messages). Newer R & G Adventure Bar orders will now include the longer bolt.

3. Leaky Gas tank recall  (VINS 568259 to 601621)     Recall notice SB496. This might only apply to USA and Canadian   markets (more info. needed).

SUMMARY:
Triumph Motorcycles Ltd, (Triumph) is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Trophy and Trophy SE motorcycles manufactured September 2012 through March 2013. The two layers used in the construction of the fuel tank may have failed to adhere, which may result in a fuel leak.

CONSEQUENCE:
If the fuel tank leaks, the unexpected fuel loss may lead to an engine stall while riding, increasing the risk of a crash. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may also result in a fire.
REMEDY:
Triumph will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank. The recall began on June 7, 2013. Owners may contact Triumph customer service at 1-888-283-5288.

NOTES:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

4. Engine noise TSB:   There are two separate Service Bulletins for this :

UK Market : Technical Service Bulletin 153.

Other markets ( inc. US ) : Technical Service Bulletin 154:

Thanks go to member w8d4it for the above info.

5. Gearshift level TSB 486. Gear shift lever can break!

See here.

6. Battery drain problem (Thanks to Fastwheels for this one):

The symptoms of the above problem is a one amp battery drain when the ignition is off. If the stock GPS cable is used for GPS power, this condition is shown by the GPS not switching to battery mode when the ignition is off. A temporary  fix is to remove the audio fuse for a few seconds to reset the audio module.

We can now check to see which safety  recalls were done to our Triumph bikes by checking here.

TSB's will NOT show in above, AFAIK.

-Don- 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:54:37 PM by DonTom »
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: All the recalls!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 09:30:10 AM »
Hi Don,

Hope these help :

2.  Centre stand recall.  UK Service Bulletin 508 ( VIN numbers quoted are correct ).
     Applies to all markets except Brazil.

3. Engine Noise recall.
    It was me that originally mentioned "below 630000",
    as this was the verbal information given to me by my dealer. 
    It seems that was his interpretation of what appears to be
    the correct information of "up to 602960"
    There are two separate Service Bulletins for this :
    UK Market : Technical Service Bulletin 153,
    Other markets ( inc. US ) : Technical Service Bulletin 154.

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 11:18:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Hi Don,

Hope these help :

2.  Centre stand recall.  UK Service Bulletin 508 ( VIN numbers quoted are correct ).
     Applies to all markets except Brazil.

3. Engine Noise recall.
    It was me that originally mentioned "below 630000",
    as this was the verbal information given to me by my dealer. 
    It seems that was his interpretation of what appears to be
    the correct information of "up to 602960"
    There are two separate Service Bulletins for this :
    UK Market : Technical Service Bulletin 153,
    Other markets ( inc. US ) : Technical Service Bulletin 154.
Thanks, Coconut! As I get this and other useful info. I will edit my fist message here with it, so all we need to know about these any other TTSE recalls will be in the first post.

-Don-  SSF, CA

1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Triumph Trophy

• Admin/Moderator
  • Forum Help & Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 04:08:38 PM »
DonTom - can you just edit your first post as and when updates occur as it'll be good to keep it as a simple list without any further comments.

I can lock and sticky the topic if you wish  :038:

:821:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
We should be careful about the liberal use of the word recall.  Not every item listed by DonTom is a recall.  The head issue is a TSB  ( also referred to as Technical News bulletin).  They are not a required recall.  The ECU and Center Stand are safety issues and are recalls.  Interchanging the terms will cause confusion both here on the forum and when discussing with the dealer. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Triumph Trophy

• Admin/Moderator
  • Forum Help & Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 04:32:36 PM »
Can't say I checked, well spotted  :028: , they really should be listed separately.

Think they can be in this list but I need to update the title of the thread accordingly.

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 05:57:36 PM »
That's a really good idea Tom, especially handy for someone looking to buy a used bike that would be very useful information to have.

Roger

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 06:55:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Triumph Trophy [+]
DonTom - can you just edit your first post as and when updates occur as it'll be good to keep it as a simple list without any further comments.

I can lock and sticky the topic if you wish  :038:

:821:
I see no reason to lock the topic, but I will keep the first message updated with any new important info. about TSB's and recalls.

Is it possible to have a sticky message that can be updated by me but not locked? That way people have a choice to read on, but still have the most important & useful info. in the very first message.

If this were locked, I still would not have known the difference between a recall and a TSB.

-Don-  SSF, CA