Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph Recalls  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Trophyman12

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Liverpool
Triumph Recalls
« on: January 26, 2014, 06:33:46 PM »
Hi Everyone
Ive had problems with my TTSE launch model cutting out since i bought it in september 2013. Ive just had the TPS replaced so im hoping that will cure it.

These are the recalls ive had done so far.

Side stand bolt has been replaced
Center stand has been modified
TPS replaced
Cooling fans replaced due to siezure. {not sure this was a recall}
ECM was due to be replaced yesterday {25/01/14} Dealer fitted new ECM but the software would not downlaod on to it. Did not recognise the bike. Old ECU is back on the TTSE while the dealer contacts Triumph to find out whats going on.
Fingers crossed for a phone call on monday. :084:
Previous Bikes YAMAHA FJR1300 SUZUKI TL1000R            APRILLIA RSV1000 MILLIE YAMAHA YZF R1 SUZUKI GSXR1000
SUZUKI SV650S and countless others.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Triumph Recalls
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 08:45:40 PM »
As far as I am aware there have been no formal "Recalls" for Side Stand or Cooling fans.

There is a topic running here : All the recalls and TSB's" that you may find interesting reading  :028:

There's a note in the Service Manual that states :
"If a new ECM is fitted it must be paired with the Immobiliser / TPMS control module as described
in the Safety/Security section of the Triumph diagnostic software."

I'm sure your Dealer will be aware of that  :015:  ....  I would "imagine" that the pairing
would need to be completed before any updated ECM software can be downloaded to it ?   :084:

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:58:50 PM by Coconut »

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:21:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by Trophyman12 [+]

Dealer fitted new ECM but the software would not downlaod on to it. Did not recognise the bike. Old ECU is back on the TTSE while the dealer contacts Triumph to find out whats going on.
Could it recognize your old ECM?

I am thinking about the problem I had yesterday, here.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:50:50 AM »
Don,

I think this is a completely different problem and not related to the Windows drivers for the "DealerTool" device -
which the Triumph Dealers don't use - they have their own Triumph Diagnostics Software system  :084:

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:56:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Don,

I think this is a completely different problem and not related to the Windows drivers for the "DealerTool" device -
which the Triumph Dealers don't use - they have their own Triumph Diagnostics Software system  :084:
I expect it to be MUCH different software, of course, but I was just wondering if their software gets their updates over the internet too and Windows Update can screw up their drivers as well. Just not recognizing the bike reminded me of the updated drivers that screwed everything up for me yesterday and I assume that can happen with any software that can get a driver update over the internet.

I mean the dealers still use software and drivers too, right?

I wonder if that dealer has read ANY new updated ECM as of yet.

And for all we know, it could still be the exact same driver!  As I am sure you know there are countless drivers on the internet updates that can be the same for many different programs, including some commercial software  programs. Some of these updates might not work with some commercial software, just as I experienced yesterday.

And of course, the problem could be the new ECM itself.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline FROSTY

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Broadford
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 01:14:58 AM »
I would have thought that the new ECU/ECM would have come from the factory with all the updated software already on it.
Just plug in/bolt on, add at the numbers for the TPS system and heated grips and so on and ride out the store after the test ride.
Am I looking at it to simply?
Has anyone had it done already?
How long did it take?

More importantly is it possible to get the numbers off the old ECU/ECM for the TPS?

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 01:21:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by FROSTY [+]
I would have thought that the new ECU/ECM would have come from the factory with all the updated software already on it.
More importantly is it possible to get the numbers off the old ECU/ECM for the TPS?
The ECM is for YOUR bike only. It even has your vin number in it. I ain't sure, but if it's programmed for a different bike, it might not work at all.

BTW, does anybody here know what will happen if ECM is traded from one bike to another with no changes in software done? IOW, if  VIN numbers and other numbers don't match to the bike?

-Don-  Reno, NV

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 08:00:51 AM »
… what will happen if ECM is traded from one bike to another with no changes in software done?
The engine won't start !

Apart from anything else the ECM has to be "paired"
with the combined TPMS & Immobilized ECU.

tweedy-bunch