Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Which Polish/Wax do you use on the TT Painted Surfaces?  (Read 10883 times)

Offline Tonto

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sydney
Which Polish/Wax do you use on the TT Painted Surfaces?
« on: January 28, 2014, 05:21:05 pm »
Would like to know which polish/wax you use on the painted surfaces of your TT. 
Always ride in control.

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: Which Polish/Wax do you use on the TT Painted Surfaces?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 05:36:42 pm »
It was a sad day for my Trophy when I bought her, 'cause I'm a rider; not a polisher.  Religious about maintenance, bad about cleaning...

On the rare occasion I do her right, I use S100 sometimes, followed by a wash with good old TurtleWax Car Wash.   I use Yamaha spray cleaner for bug removal, works pretty good.  Real dirt gets a squirt of some cleaner I bought at Menards, forget the name but it works very well..

The bike is shivering in the garage at -10 today, still with some bugs from Arkansas on her... Poor girl...
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 07:15:08 pm »
I'm with janfmiller. If it is nice enough weather to wash the bike it is nice enough weather to ride the bike. My bike gets a really thorough cleaning in early spring when I go over everything for the riding season. I use whatever car wash soap I happen to pick up at the store for the washing and after a good drying I go over everything with my spray can of Pledge furniture polish. I also will use the Pledge for light cleanings. Works great, bike shines like a diamond, rain beads up and runs off, and it makes the next real cleaning easier. Been using furniture polish for years, price is right and probably the same spray stuff you can buy at the bike shop for double the price.

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 07:22:09 pm »
I used to use Pledge back when I was first riding and all that high-falootin' stuff did not exist...  You're right, I recall it worked fine... I suppose 'newer is better' swayed me.. Time to re-visit...
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 08:33:16 pm »
Ok, this is by no means a scientific approach to bike care, but it has served me well for quite a while. I wet the bike down. Spray it all over with Simple Green (or any other cleaning solution you might prefer) I drink one beer at a casual pace. When beer is empty I rinse. About once a year I give the bike a good polishing.
I do treat the windshield and my visor with Plexus pretty regularly, bugs dont stick.
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline Abner62

• Trophy Member
  • Abner62
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Morayfield
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 08:52:22 pm »
I just use a good old can of "Mr Sheen" spray. Does both the plastic and metal. Takes about 5 minutes using a microfiber cloth. I use a glass cloth for the screen with Mr Sheen also. Bike looks brand new all the time. Takes the bugs off the screen and bike. One stop cleaning process. Do not know if this product is available outside Australia.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 10:15:19 pm »
*Originally Posted by janfmiller [+]
It was a sad day for my Trophy when I bought her, 'cause I'm a rider; not a polisher.  Religious about maintenance, bad about cleaning...

On the rare occasion I do her right, I use S100 sometimes, followed by a wash with good old TurtleWax Car Wash.   I use Yamaha spray cleaner for bug removal, works pretty good.  Real dirt gets a squirt of some cleaner I bought at Menards, forget the name but it works very well..

The bike is shivering in the garage at -10 today, still with some bugs from Arkansas on her... Poor girl...
+1 but on the rare occasions (about 4 times a year) I use Griot's Best in Show wax.  Same as I use on the Corvette and all my motorcycles.  Stuff really does a good job and is easy to use.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Queensland Ken

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Toowoomba
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 10:28:47 pm »
Mr Sheen and a microfiber cloth, can't go wrong ! :152:

Used to be an Aussie Company but the Poms bought them out in the sixties.

Every so often I use Meguiar's NTX Tech Wax 2.0
2013 Trophy SE
2013 Stelvio NTX
2007 FJR 1300