Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Recall On ECU Now What Next  (Read 13935 times)

Offline andyhillsdon

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy
  • City / Town: chipping campden
Recall On ECU Now What Next
« on: January 29, 2014, 05:49:13 PM »
Got A Recall On My Trophy Today  And Thats Number 3  New Head , Main stand , And Now The ECU What Next  :233: :087:
Andy

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Recall On ECU Now What Next
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 08:00:57 PM »
It is an aggravation for sure, but could be worse. You could have bought from a company who says it isn't our fault/problem and we refuse to make it right.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:18:04 PM »
... What Next ...
Ever the optimist, I'd say : "Many fantastically exhilarating trouble free miles  :028:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:47:58 PM »
At least you are in the UK so you can send your bike back to the factory and get a loaner while your engine upgrade is being done.  Think about those of us elsewhere who have to rely on the dealers and likely no loaner.  So if you are having Triumph troubles at least you are in the right location
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 09:53:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by andyhillsdon [+]
Got A Recall On My Trophy Today  And Thats Number 3  New Head , Main stand , And Now The ECU What Next  :233: :087:
Add the gas tank recall, but perhaps that's only here in the USA (& Canada).

Have you seen my message here?

Anyway, perhaps there will be more recalls after countess bikes have many thousands of miles and a few years on them. It usually takes around three years to discover all the bugs in a new model.

But I decided I didn't want to wait that long to get my TTSE. And I know Triumph will fix the bugs anyway. Just a minor inconvenience. The Reno dealer does such a great job of washing my bike after they work on it, it's almost worth taking it in just for that. I have other bikes to ride until then, but now it bugs me to ride those where I cannot adjust up and down the windshield and the countless other things I never even cared about before buying the TTSE.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Queensland Ken

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Toowoomba
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 10:02:24 PM »
Must admit, I was a bit peeved off when I had a few faults with my new bike, add to that a few recalls and I wasn't a happy chappy.
But you have to agree that Triumph is on the ball so far, good on them.

There are about 12 recalls on the FJR . Some of them were the result of the combined efforts from a lot of Forum members.

I had to fight Yamaha Australia tooth and nail over a crook ECU with my current 07, my 06 was perfect !
It was a recall in the USA and not in Australia, finally they changed it in good faith.

So happy with the Trophy now, looks like my FJR will be on the market soon.
2013 Trophy SE
2013 Stelvio NTX
2007 FJR 1300

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »
No recall on my tank, center stand, ECU, or heads. Just a bad battery. Now Im worried about my final drive and dry splines!
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 12:34:09 AM »
You must have a very late manufactured bike.  I thought that almost all US bikes were subject to the tank recall
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST