Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Zumo ordered  (Read 10474 times)

Offline davybull

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE L
  • City / Town: Wigan
Zumo ordered
« on: February 02, 2014, 03:48:57 PM »
Got my GPS mount and cable the other day and just ordered my Zumo today. Woohoo. Will have to study how to fit the blasted thing now!! Shouldn't be too hard (famous last words!).

Dave.

Trust me......
I ride a Triumph.

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
Re: Zumo ordered
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 06:41:53 PM »
I'm going to order mine this week, I have the mounting etc ( santa's a good fellow ! ) so I understand your excitement, when Iam ready to fit mine I will be thoroughly reading the good instructions on here they are comprehensive and people's have learnt from their mistakes and past on their knowledge perfect.

Good luck 

Roger

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 08:02:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by davybull [+]
Got my GPS mount and cable the other day and just ordered my Zumo today. Woohoo. Will have to study how to fit the blasted thing now!! Shouldn't be too hard (famous last words!).

Dave.
I found it to be a hassle. Triumph doesn't make that job easy, to plug into your audio and power cables. And you will have to buy a power cable from Triumph to use the connector.

I think you will find you have to totally remove the fairing and more to complete the job. And then get into under the windshecreen to run the cables.

This is assuming you wish to do the job correct so the GPS is powered and charged by the bikes battery, and have the GPS sound come out of the bike's audio system. There are several threads here in this forum that should be helpful.

But don't expect it to be an easy fast job and we can blame Triumph for that by them putting the connectors where they did, well below the left mirror, instead of up by where the GPS unit will be located.

If you're going to add Adventure Crash bars, that will be a great time to do both jobs at once, as the faring will be completely off.  That's when I wired in my GPS.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline strathroy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Strathroy
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 08:16:26 PM »
You just need to remove the front faring and dismantle  consul.

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 08:30:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Strathroy [+]
You just need to remove the front faring and dismantle  consul.
OIC. That's sounds quite a bit easier if you can see and work with both cables after the console is removed. But I was installing the Adventure Bars anyway, so I had it all apart when I wired in my GPS. I also did my dual horns and more during the same time, as everything is easier when the fairing is completely off.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline davybull

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE L
  • City / Town: Wigan
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 01:24:07 AM »
Roger, couldn't find it cheaper than Global GPS. Have a look.

I'm not too fussed about tackling the job, I've got a decent mechanical head on my shoulders.  :156:
Trust me......
I ride a Triumph.

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 07:51:31 AM »
Thanks for that Davy I'll have a look, good luck

Roger

Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lytham St Annes
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 01:15:48 PM »
Just ordered my Zumo from Global GPS and I couldn't find it any cheaper, still expensive and have opted for lifetime map updates so will keep it for my lifetime now, why is it motorbike Sat Nav's are so expensive.

Anyway the dealer has offered to wire it in for  me while they fit all my accessories which include the sat nav bracket which apparently requires a front end strip anyway.

2 week and 1 day before delivery and counting.
People who wear ties tell lies.

tweedy-bunch