Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sena SR10 Mounting  (Read 6759 times)

Offline csquared

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Springboro, OH
Sena SR10 Mounting
« on: February 02, 2014, 04:29:44 pm »
Has anyone made a permanent mounting of an SR10 on your Trophy? Have been playing with this for a couple of days and have not come up with a satisfactory solution, yet.
Every day is a Saturday when you're retired!

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
Re: Sena SR10 Mounting
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 04:40:07 pm »
Im not using the SR10 but I use the threaded mirror inserts on the reservoirs. They are perfect accessory mounts. Ram makes a ton of mounting options

Something like this
http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045050055050/Default.aspx
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 04:47:35 pm by Briang1234 »
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline csquared

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 06:31:38 pm »
Thanks Brian.

I've used RAM items to mount my Midland GRMS/FRS or CB to the left mirror mount and iPhone on the right.

Am looking to mount the SR10 in some out-of-the-way location (has to be accessible) where it can be powered from one of the switched circuits with radio and PPT wires routed where needed.

Any ideas?

Offline donmoe

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Jupiter, FL
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 06:41:43 pm »
*Originally Posted by csquared [+]
Has anyone made a permanent mounting of an SR10 on your Trophy?
Using the included rubber strap, I secure my SR10 to the left handlebar between the clutch reservoir and the center and run the PTT wire to the left grip. It works just fine for me there. Depending on my requirement, either my Midland CB or my Motorola FRS/GMRS handy-talkie can be secured to the dash using a RAM mount to the Triumph GPS mount right above the center console. The radio cable stretches easily between the SR10 and the radio. When I don't need the radios, which is actually most of the time, they all get stored in my top case.

I also installed an accessory cig-plug outlet by wiring it into the same circuit as the outlet in the side pocket so that I can power or recharge the radios, SR!0 or SMH10, if needed. The outlet has a weather cap and is held in place with zip-ties to the clutch hose.

Don
2015 BMW R1200GSA 2004 BMW R1150RT
2013 Triumph Trophy SE 1981 Kaw KZ1000 Shaft
2010 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1974 Kaw Z1
2008 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1973 Kaw H1

Offline csquared

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 06:57:28 pm »
Don, That's kind of how I currently have it hooked sans the power connection. I think I'm looking for something a bit more elegant. How did you tap into the circuit for the cig-plug in the side pocket?

By the way, here's a pic of the GRMS/FRS installation along with the mess of wires.

Offline donmoe

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Jupiter, FL
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 07:54:39 pm »
*Originally Posted by csquared [+]
Don, That's kind of how I currently have it hooked sans the power connection. I think I'm looking for something a bit more elegant. How did you tap into the circuit for the cig-plug in the side pocket?
CSquared,  A friend assisted me in splicing into the wires going to the side pocket outlet and ran the new wires alongside the clutch hose up to the left console. It was pretty easy to do. Just disconnected the power connector from side pocket outlet, pulled back the weather boot and spliced the two connections. Just had to be sure of the polarity.

Your radio mounting point is one I also tried. I put RAM balls into the extra mirror mounts, but found that my view of both mirrors was too compromised. Instead I use a handlebar RAM clamp around the handlebar next to the clutch and brake reservoirs just before the handlebar thickens too much. Also I found that I liked having my Garmin Zumo 665 GPS on that left mount and my radar detector on the right mount. The left RAM mirror mount is seldom used except to hook my riding jacket over when I get off the bike for a while. When I'm on tour, either the right RAM mirror mount or the secondary ball mount on the right-side handlebar clamp holds my SPOT Messenger. This photo shows the arrangement.

Don
2015 BMW R1200GSA 2004 BMW R1150RT
2013 Triumph Trophy SE 1981 Kaw KZ1000 Shaft
2010 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1974 Kaw Z1
2008 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1973 Kaw H1

Offline csquared

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 11:52:05 pm »
Don,

Was thinking that I might mount the SR10 under the right side cover where the security system is mounted, tap the passenger accessory socket for switched power and then snake the needed wires to the front for the radio(s) and PPT switch.

Thoughts?

Chuck

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 12:06:01 am »
I have been thinking of mounting the SR10 in front of the left hand lockable pocket. There is space there to velcro the SR10. Then I will splice into the key powered socket at the back. For the hand held CB radio, I am thinking of a bracket (flat metal)  that bolts on to one of the bolts under the windscreen, then it comes down over the top part of the dash out of the way.  I will source a longer bolt and make up a spacer.  It will be a while before I get around to doing this.  I prefer not having much attached to the handlebars.  I will also be installing an external aerial at the rear of the bike, with a bracket attached to the top box mounts.  I had this setup on the ST1100 for some years.