Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: SOCAL New Trophe SE  (Read 5542 times)

Offline felix

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14' Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Riverside
SOCAL New Trophe SE
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:24:38 am »
Hello Folks
Well I paid for it and it will be ready on Friday.....I purchased a New 2014 Trophy SE and I cant wait to ride it as there is no Test model over here, so I hope all of my research and recommendations will pay off...

I come from a Harley background, but I needed a bike my wife would be happy to ride on and we both are safe on....Not bashing HD but just needed for safety features and comfort. 

I will speak my mind about it, but not until I ride it.

Thank You in advance for having me be part of the Triumph Family...

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: SOCAL New Trophe SE
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 02:01:32 am »
I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the ride.  Nice light handling, suspension adjustability, really good front brakes (abs on both ends-but not linked), good electronics compatability with Bluetooth helmets, long maintenance intervals, LOTS of power ports, good power, etc.,etc..  I came off a BMW K1600GTL and I prefer the Trophy.  What you may miss from your Harley, floorboards, BIG sound system, more low end torque.  That's probably about it, depending on your riding style.
Welcome to the forum, and ENJOY!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 03:18:12 am »
*Originally Posted by felix [+]
Hello Folks
Well I paid for it and it will be ready on Friday.....I purchased a New 2014 Trophy SE and I cant wait to ride it as there is no Test model over here, so I hope all of my research and recommendations will pay off...

I come from a Harley background, but I needed a bike my wife would be happy to ride on and we both are safe on....Not bashing HD but just needed for safety features and comfort. 

I will speak my mind about it, but not until I ride it.

Thank You in advance for having me be part of the Triumph Family...
:401:

That's quite a major change from a Harley to a TTSE! 

And after a few hundred miles on that TTSE,  I can almost bet that you will never want to look at a Harley again.

-Don-  SSF, CA

1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 03:23:21 am »
*Originally Posted by Trophied [+]
I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the ride.  Nice light handling, suspension adjustability, really good front brakes (abs on both ends-but not linked),
What's that about the not linked? AFAIK, my TTSE  brake pedal is linked rear to front. But I never checked it.

-Don- SSF, CA

1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 03:43:54 am »
The rear brake is linked to the front, but does not seem to affect low speed turns at walking speed balancing the rear brake and throttle.  The linking to the front is nowhere near as pronounced as say the Goldwing where you could just use the rear brake pedal alone.

I just read the manual about the brakes. At low throttle openings (up to 20%) brakes and throttle can be used together. At high throttle openings if the brakes are applied for more than 2 seconds the throttles will close.  Never had any need to check that out.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 04:08:23 am »
Welcome to the Forum :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 05:50:57 am »
Hi Felix and  :400:  to the Club !

Remember that the first Service is after only 500 miles - so have a word with the dealer
about booking it in a couple of days after you pick it up !

Enjoy !  :028:

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 07:24:36 am »
Welcome from a fellow So Cal'er!  What dealer did you buy it from?  I got mine from Southern California Motorcycles in Brea - closer to you than me!  But a great dealer, wouldn't go anywhere else...  I hope to see you on the road someday!

:152:
STONEY

tweedy-bunch