Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: recall issues  (Read 1939 times)

Offline madmechanic

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: blackpool
recall issues
« on: February 09, 2014, 10:01:25 am »
Hi just wondering if anybody has modified there trophy i.e fitted autocom , hacked the speakers to hard wire to autocom or fitted after market items and has already sent there trophy back or are sending it back to the factory for recalls , did you leave the mods on or remove them in case triumph claim it voids the warrenty.
  Seem to get the impression any non genuine items fitted triumph may get funny about them :182: :083:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: recall issues
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 10:40:52 am »
I currently have an Autocom unit fitted but that was fitted during the PDI by the dealership so I am not expecting any warranty issues.

My bike goes away next Monday for its Hinkley Holiday to have the engine upgrade done and all the dealer has said is remove all the panniers/ top box and any other under seat items.... such as the auto com unit.

Once it all gets back I will be fitting the auto com speaker splicing lead to hardwire sound back to the auto com box. Currently use a bluetooth module built in but it can be flaky and 1 in 20 times I don't get sound and have to stop the engine and reboot.!

As I will have the top part of the fairing off to get at the speaker wires I will also be taking the opportunity to fit some aftermarket fog lights hanging under the wing mirror pods. When I do this I will be taking a full set of pics and instructions for a HOW TO:

I have always done some tinkering with my bikes and added several aftermarket options even when in warranty. Provided you do a good job I have never had the dealer give me any problems with regard to warranty infringements.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline madmechanic

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: blackpool
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 10:58:34 am »
I have aready spliced my speakers but have new original speaker wires and cannot decide weather to return to original or not.
  How is your autocom wired to positive feed???? :174:

Offline Queensland Ken

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Toowoomba
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 11:02:31 am »
I was thinking of installing the Autocom from my other bike, might give it a miss for the time being.
Will eventually wire in the UHF and detector which will require the Autocom.
Have a bluetooth adaptor that I can plug in my Earmolds into, works a treat.

As for any additional work, so long as it's done right, shouldn't void the warranty.
All depends on your local laws I suppose.

I have 2 electrical projects ready to go when the plastics come off again.
2013 Trophy SE
2013 Stelvio NTX
2007 FJR 1300

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 11:07:08 am »
*Originally Posted by madmechanic [+]
I have aready spliced my speakers but have new original speaker wires and cannot decide weather to return to original or not.
  How is your autocom wired to positive feed???? :174:

I would not bother resetting things to original unless you think you did a dodgy job. If the connections are well made then leave them be! I doubt they will even notice unless they are looking for them!

As to how the Autocom is wired in... I couldn't tell you.... the dealer did it as part of the Pre Delivery Inspection and I have not had the plastics off yet to look that closely. there has not been a need.

Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 04:34:44 pm »
I cant imagine that Triumph would collect the bike, remove the fairings etc and have the new engine/parts sitting there ready to go and then decide not to do it because you've splice the speaker wires, which has no relevance to the work being carried out.

I spliced mine some months ago and had no problems. I don't think you need worry, if however they do complain please let me know so I can remove mine  :002:

Roger