Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Learning switches and menu options  (Read 2899 times)

Offline rocksteady

• Trophy Member
  • Searching for satellites
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Reading, Berkshire
Learning switches and menu options
« on: February 09, 2014, 10:57:26 am »
Hi all, all being well I will be picking up my trophy next Saturday. I've had a couple of test rides and I think it's superb and will suit my needs very well.  :152:
My question though is about what seems like the horrendous amount of options and choices going through the on board electronic menu, that and the plethora of switches.  :033: How long does it take to learn all of these. I keep having this feeling of desperately trying to control the radio or some such while ploughing into the back of the vehicle in front.
Btw I've had an RT for 3 years so I've got the basic layout just seems the trophy has so much more of everything.
What I would like to know is, do trophy owners settle on learning the basics and make do with that or do you spend several hours in the garage going over all the menu and/switch permutations so it's second nature? Or am I worrying about nothing and it will all fall into place easily.
I'm keen to hear about your experiences.
Cheer up they said, things could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough things DID get worse!

Offline madmechanic

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: blackpool
Re: Learning switches and menu options
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 11:08:17 am »
Hate to admit to this but took a leaf out of the wife's book :431: and read the manual then played around with bike and found most things quite straight forward and having come from a Pan European st1300 with no buttons or gizmo's soon found my way round.
  Used the forum when needing help mainly on sat nav Bluetooth issues but you can find answers to any problem on them
  Good luck and happy riding   :046: :152: :047:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 11:17:31 am »
I really wouldn't worry about it. Most of the menu options are things you will set up for the bike when stationary and then very rarely change.

The only controls I use on the move are the audio left and right to skip tracks on the iPod, the cruise control and then occasionally swapping between sport and comfort on the suspension settings.

Read the manual. Have a play in the garage when the bike is stood. The menus are pretty self explanatory and straight forward to setup. On the move, you don't often need to dip into the menus at all. As always. If in doubt, either pull over and change it at the side of the road or wait until your next pit stop. I can't really think of any thing that MUST be changed immediately!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 12:09:35 pm »
agree with comments above, I'm not very gifted, followed the same path as suggested by Cropbiker and within a couple of rides I was on top of it! Do not worry, it looks impressive at first sight but you'll manage, no doubt!
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline rocksteady

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 01:15:21 pm »
Thanks for all your helpful comments. Makes a lot of sense what's been said. I think after the first few trips out and a bit of reading everything will be fine. :002:
Cheer up they said, things could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough things DID get worse!

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 01:24:36 pm »
To be honest, once you have set the settings once, it's easy. I only had o set the dashboard bits once and then its all there. Setting up the profiles is pretty straight forward if a little long winded but done once you get the idea. it is important you set it up for you and you alone so take the time to get used to it, bottom line is you are riding it so it has to suit you're riding. there is no short cut to it. Enjoy and learn how it can enhance your riding pleasure! No, I don't work for Triumph but I love them and think we as community of owners can change the future 0f the bike industry.  :152:

Offline rocksteady

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 01:49:28 pm »
Hi gfxmonkey. Thanks for your advice. Your mention of setting up the profiles reminded me that was one of the reasons for starting this post. I'm guessing that a profile sets the suspension etc to pre determined settings, but what else does it cover? I can't think of anything, unless...no I can't think of anything.  :187:

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 03:48:54 pm »
An old biker must be a good rider

tweedy-bunch