Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TTSE still in the workshop  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
TTSE still in the workshop
« on: February 09, 2014, 01:31:37 pm »
The stuffed gear lever has had me off the bike for 9 days now waiting for the new bolt. (Think I am about the most distant forum member from Hinkley). I should have told them to drill it out and put a fix in with a helicoil, but no doubt non-Triumph bits will affect the warranty.

I have had to commute 140km round trip for my last four night shifts. Drove my tin top for three trips, but nearly fell asleep on the way home a couple of times. So, got my wife's Honda 750 custom low rider out of the shed and rode that. Loud pipes nearly deafened me. AND THERE WAS NO MUSIC. I must have looked like some oversized praying mantis roaring down the road. At least I never fell asleep.

COME HOME BABY, I MISS YOU :161:. I want my TTSE back.
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: TTSE still in the workshop
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 01:50:07 pm »
we are with you! keep patience she'll be back  :821:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 03:22:36 pm »
mmm, looked like some kind of oversized praying mantis...on your wife's bike?  Are you implying she also looks like a praying mantis when she rides the Honda?  Good thing she isn't on this forum :001:

Seriously though if the Triumph dealer does the repair it seems as though the warranty should hold.  Of course if the repair is done correctly you shouldn't have to worry about the warranty on the lever anyway
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline FROSTY

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Broadford
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 07:33:54 pm »
Hello Tropy59, what are the chances of breaking the same thing on the same day?
I also have been waiting 9 days for a bloody bolt, a simple oversize head bolt.
I have seen the bike and the broken bolt section has been removed and helicoil has been placed in and is waiting for the new bolt. :157:
I have a ride along the Great Ocean Road on the weekend of 22/23 Feb and my dealer will hopefully have a bolt by then or as backup Mr Coconut may also come through.
Very frustrating...I feel your pain.  :173: