Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Using 2 Rider G9 paired with the TT  (Read 4390 times)

Offline Mordiglio

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophie SE
  • City / Town: Epsom
Using 2 Rider G9 paired with the TT
« on: February 09, 2014, 06:36:29 pm »
Hi all,
I know there are very similar topics in this section, but for the life of me I can't get this to work  :173:

This is my current working configuration:
-(Me) G9 paired with TT as Headset 1
-(Me) Phone paired with TT as Device 2
-(Wife) G9 paired with my G9

This setting allows me to listen to the TT's radio, iPod (connected to the TT's usb port), Zumo 660 directions (hardwired to the bike) and answer to phone calls.
This setting also allows me to talk to my wife when she rides as a pillion or on her own bike, although when we do this the rider-to-rider channel takes over and I lose the music and directions from the zumo.

I would like to be able to:
-Have both G9 Headsets connected to the TT so that both my wife and I can listen to music and talk
-Have the phone paired directly with the G9 (as both channels on the TT are in use)

This is all in preparation for a 9 days trip where the Zumo will be used all the time, and I could pair my phone with it (just for this trip)

Has anyone been able to se this up, and if so could you describe the process, if at all possible?

Many thanks

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Using 2 Rider G9 paired with the TT
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 10:56:38 pm »
Good luck mate, after repeated attempts and 3 calls to Scala I've not been able to accomplish anymore than you.  Scala blames Triumph even though the Scala tech admitted to me that the G9 used only BMW as a development bike. I don't know how Scala can blame Triumph for Scala's own lack of testing but it does.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Mordiglio

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophie SE
  • City / Town: Epsom
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:03:54 pm »
Hi w8d4it
Well, that sounds a bit disappointing  :084:
Yesterday I was able to pair channel A on both G9s (this is the rider to rider channel, not the phone or mp3 channel) to headset 1 and device 2 respectively on the Trophy.
Although that didn't actually fix the issue as music could only be heard in one helmet and communication between the two helmets didn't work, I haven't been able to pair the devices in this manner ever since. Every time I try to pair the channel A on the G9 to the TT, I get "Pairing failed"
Go figure!!!    :023:
There must be a way to achieve this with the Scala Rider products
Unfortunately if I can't get this to work, it's going to be a very boring trip for the pillion  :155:

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
  • City / Town: Maybole
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 12:28:43 pm »
I'm not sure about this and we're not comparing like for like, I don't have access to my helmets at the moment and I haven't even got my TTSE yet, so excuse me if I'm found to be talking through a hole in my touring seat :086:

I have had similar issues with the Schuberth SRC (made by Scala), not being able to reconfigure a pairing once it's been paired. This was with a Garmin Zumo 660 with a phone paired to the Garmin and the SRC paired only with the Garmin.

I was switching on my SRC with a friend (previously paired as rider A) and it picked up on that signal, connecting it every time whether I wanted it or not.

I suspect what's happening is it's saving the connection data similar to WiFi on your phone.

What I ended up doing was doing a factory default reset on the SRC and starting again, PITA but it worked.

The only other suggestion I have is if you are going to use a Sat Nav, don't connect it to the Trophy other than for power, pair it with your phone, then pair the Sat Nav with one channel of your headset and the other with your other half as Rider A and lastly the Trophy media centre. That might allow all three inputs with the Scala making the prioritising decisions.

I know that seems to defeat the purpose of all this whizz bang gear we've paid an arm and leg for but a happy pillion is the priority  :192:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 02:27:07 pm »
Hi Mordiglio,

I'm not familiar with the G9 system, but it may be that you cannot do what you want,
as I understand the G9 only has 2 Bluetooth Channels, and you're trying to use three channels.
( G9 to Trophy, G9 to Phone, and G9 to G9 ).

I think the Sena kits have a way round this by using a feature where the music ( or other input from the Trophy )
can be "shared" via the Intercom connection to a second Sena headset, without needing a third channel,
and can then switch between shared music or Intercom over that channel,
but I'm pretty sure the G9 doesn't have that feature.

What you could do, and what I do, is have the the first G9 channel helmet paired to the Trophy as Headset 1,
with the Rider's Phone paired to the Trophy as Device 2, and with the Zumo GPS hard wired.

The rider then receives all the Zumo Sat Nav voice instructions, Trophy radio,
and any  other music device ( such as iPod ) connected to the Trophy, via the first channel of their G9,
with the ability to answer or reject calls on their Phone via the handlebar controls and Instrument Panel display.

The Pillion pairs the first channel of their G9 to with their OWN Mobile Phone,
and the second channel of their G9 with the second channel of the Rider's G9 headset ( for the Intercom function ).

The Pillion is not then disturbed with the Sat Nav instructions, can choose their own preference of music,
and control their own incoming and outgoing Phone calls.

The Rider and Pillion can speak by Intercom when necessary.

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 06:51:23 pm »
While you are on the subject Coconut, do you if the Trophy will pair to my Android smartphone? I was thinking that maybe I could pair my phone to the Trophy then my G4 to the Trophy and then the G4 to the other G4. My brother and I ride a lot together and we've had general success with the G4s so we will using them when I get the new Trophy. This way I could have the phone play through audio system of the Trophy and be able to hear it through the headset and still be able to hear my brother on the intercom. I assume this is the same configuration as above in the OP.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:01:14 pm by atvtinker »
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 08:33:21 pm »
Hi advtinker,

Being an iPhone user I don't "know" the answer to that one,
but if your Android smartphone complies with the requirements listed in the Audio Handbook ...

The audio system is equipped with Bluetooth wireless technology version 2.1 + EDR.
This allows wireless connectivity to Bluetoothheadsets,
streaming music devices and compatible mobile phones.

... then I would think it should work like any other Bluetooth streaming device,
using A2DP profile, and I'd be surprised if it didn't  ! :028:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 04:54:56 am »
As Coconut says I don't believe the operating system will make a difference.  At least it hasn't with the several riders I know
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST