Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: VIP tour and photo shoot with the last flying Vulcan  (Read 27478 times)

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
VIP tour and photo shoot with the last flying Vulcan
« on: February 10, 2014, 12:59:40 pm »
We are scheduled for this visit now on Friday the 20th of June 2014. Send me a private message to confirm you want to attend and I will add your name to the list. Let me know if you will be bringing a pillion.

Hi all,

Many of you may already have guessed a particular passion of mine from my avatar being the last remaining airworthy Vulcan bomber.

I have been in contact with the team there and asked if it would be possible to arrange a VIP tour around the aircraft at Robin Hood Airport, South Yorkshire. Sadly probably not inside the plane and a photoshoot of our Trophies lined up around the aircraft either in the hanger or out on the pan.

They have said they are more than happy to arrange such an event for us. So first of all I need to gauge some likely numbers.

The information I have at the moment is that cost could be around £40 per head which in large part is a donation to keeping the beast airborne. May be a bit more, maybe a bit less.

Not sure if it would be a weekday or weekend? Again, depends on numbers, likely date and flying schedule. I am thinking late April / early May might be a good time I.e. Before the main display season kicks off.

If you are interested then please indicate on here but also send me a PM with any bad dates for you and I will see what I can organise.

I am thinking maybe around 20 of us would be a great turnout. I am awaiting more details with regard to any minimum numbers etc.

Kevin
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:17:59 am by cropbiker »
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline johnbut

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
Re: VIP tour and photo shoot with the last flying Vulcan
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 01:07:24 pm »
Yes it would be great to see one  close to rather than in the sights of a Bofors gun on an exercise in Cyprus in the late 60s.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 01:09:02 pm »
or counting the rivets on the wings during an exercise at RAF Scampton................
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 01:59:34 pm »
My favourite bomber of all time! I'm up for it but would prefer May due to work commitments!

Glen :821:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 02:45:47 pm »
I may well be interested in a little jaunt 'oop North !

( Mrs. Coconut declines the invite ... not into aviation for some reason  :027: )

Week commencing 21st April is no good for me -
Trophy going into the Factory for the Valve Train "upgrade".

Amazing aircraft to see flying - this Photo was taken last year at The Dawlish Air Show -
we were sitting on the railway wall that was on the News this week having collapsed in the storms !
( And before you ask - NO, I'm not that fat that I weakened the foundations  :156: )

Cheers,

Offline CoJaW

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 04:26:27 pm »
I'll come if it's early May! I can't do April.

:047:

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 05:14:58 pm »
I'd be up for it no particular time to miss but I would just have to see when fixed.

John

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 08:23:44 pm »
Hi All,

I have had a bit more info back from the team At Vulcan To The Skies charity.

The VIP tours normally cost £35. However if we wanted to take the bikes unto the aircraft for a photoshoot all lined up in the front which I think would be pretty special we also have to pay for airside passes. They say this would be £50 per bike and rider but then £20 for the pillion so works out at £35 each for 2 just the same!

Tour Details

They say they can cater for unto 20 bikes as they recently did a similar thing for a Harley group and we can't be outdone by them!!!!  :156:

All those wanting to come would need to have photo id either passport or photo driving licence (both parts) as it is airside and this is a CAA requirement.

The tour organisers say that dates would be late May or Early June when the aircraft is on the pan outside as they are not allowed vehicles in the hanger so if we want a picture it is outside or nothing. The suggestion is Either a Friday afternoon, late Saturday or Sunday depending on their tour dates.

Let me know how that suits for everyone and I will get my organising hat on!!!  :001: :001:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧