Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Okay, I have searched and haven't seen this specific problem addressed.  (Read 3078 times)

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
 :183: I purchased a pair of Sena SMH10's for wife and I. Everything went without a hitch until pairing them with the Trophy. A little background info; no phones, no GPS, just intercom and music from the Trophy. I was going to pair my headset to HEADSET 1 and my wife's to DEVICE 2. I happened to grab my wife's helmet first so I paired it to DEVICE. Went without a hitch, works great. Went to pair mine to HEADSET things were going smooth and the Trophy said I was paired, but the headset kept beeping/searching. I tried several times, no luck. I cleared everything then switched headsets and mine paired perfectly on the DEVICE setting, but then wife's wouldn't pair on the HEADSET setting. The bike again said it was paired, but the headset continued beeping. That ruled out an issue with the Sena's. I guess long story short. The DEVICE setting is working, but the HEADSET setting while saying paired must not be communicating to the Sena. Am I missing something? Do both Sena's use the same PIN number? Is it dealer time, bike is new. I know I can "share" music from my headset to hers, but that's not the issue. The issue is something isn't working properly or operator error which is very possible.  :125:

Offline csquared

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Springboro, OH
Re: Okay, I have searched and haven't seen this specific problem addressed.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 10:49:19 pm »
Mike,

A couple of thoughts. Although I'm currently using Schubrth's SRCS system, I'm thinking of purchasing the SMH10R for my C3 helmet. With that in mind I've been through the Sena SMH10 manuals extensively and "maybe" these tips might help.

- make sure that you've updated the Sena firmware for each unit. The current version is 4.32.
- link each unit independently. In other words, when the pairing of a Sena unit is complete, turn it off.
      By the way the 4 digit PIN code for pairing is the same for both units.
- pair each unit as if it were a phone you are linking to the Sena.
- pair your unit first as Headset1.
- pair your wife's unit as Device2.

Don't know if this helps, but I thought that I'd give it a shot.

Best of Luck,
Chuck

Every day is a Saturday when you're retired!

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:35:32 am »
Thanks Chuck, worked like a charm for what I want to accomplish. I owe you a beverage of your choosing. I noticed your line about every day being Saturday when you are retired. I was lucky enough to go out two years ago at 56 and been having fun. I took off on September 30th for a ten day ride and didn't get home until the first of November. May do it again this year.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:33:33 am »
Good to hear you've sorted this now  :028:

For info of anyone else reading this :

It would make more sense if the Audio Settings Menu said : "1 - HEADSET"   and   "2 - DEVICE",
as the numbers 1 & 2 represent the two Bluetooth channels that are available on the Trophy Audio system,
and do NOT refer to the "First" Headset, and the "Second" Device !   :157:

From Page 47 of the Audio Handbook :

HEADSET 1 will only allow pairing of a compatible headset.
DEVICE 2 will allow pairing of a compatible headset, mobile phone or streaming music device.

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 07:10:52 am »
Glad you're sorted as it took me a while to get things paired (in correct order). As a 'Techno Numpty' I finally got both SMH-10 headsets paired with the bike, and mobile phones into the respective headsets. Generally an exercise in 'trial and error'.

The Bluetooth connection can be finicky ie not pairing on start up. I find switch off/switch on works.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline csquared

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 02:25:40 pm »
Coconut,

Thanks for the clarification.

I think that success in pairing devices is to do it in isolation. That is, only have the Bluetooth turned on for those devices being paired. If you have a third device turned on, the pairing process can get confused.

I vaguely recall reading something about this from long, long ago with some other Bluetooth stuff I was working with.

Offline csquared

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 02:30:04 pm »
*Originally Posted by NavyDad [+]
Thanks Chuck, worked like a charm for what I want to accomplish. I owe you a beverage of your choosing. I noticed your line about every day being Saturday when you are retired. I was lucky enough to go out two years ago at 56 and been having fun. I took off on September 30th for a ten day ride and didn't get home until the first of November. May do it again this year.

You are most welcome.

Some ride! Talking about taking the LONG way home. If this weather will ever break, I'll get over your way. Keep warm.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 06:51:44 pm »
*Originally Posted by NavyDad [+]
I took off on September 30th for a ten day ride and didn't get home until the first of November.
NavyDad, love the attitude.  When I was 20 and had no responsibility I once left Canandaigua New York for an overnight  ride.  Got to Mansfield Ohio and figured "what the hell", called my mother and told her I was going to keep riding out to see my brother in California.  Returned to New York about a month later... to a very unhappy set of parents. Didn't understand why then but the funny thing is if my kids did that now I'd be furious.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST