Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Lowered foot pegs  (Read 17869 times)

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
Lowered foot pegs
« on: February 13, 2014, 02:04:03 am »
I know triucati had posted sometime back about pulling the rubber off the factory pegs to get his feet a little  lower, but has anyone tried the lowered foot peg assemblies by Wild Hair Accessories? I don't see a specific model for the Trophy, but they do make them for most all the other bikes in Triumph's line and the foot pegs pretty much mount the same. Haven't been able to get anyone to answer the email listed for them so I'm going to call tomorrow to find out. Just wondered if anyone on here has seen them or tried them.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Tiger-Willi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Augsburg
Re: Lowered foot pegs
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 06:38:07 am »
Hi,

they sell the products from MFW (www.mfw-wolf.de), which are sold by POLO as hi-Q.
I have mounted the original pegs from my Tiger 709EN since summer last year and on long distance you miss the comfort of the original ones which stop the vibrations before getting to your feet.

Cheers,

Tiger-Willi

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:41:08 pm »
Those are the same ones that Wild Hair sells. Curiuos about the vibration part you talk about. Did you not get the ones with the rubber insert or did they not have them for your bike?
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline triucati

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: SOLD: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Carson City, NV
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 04:52:47 pm »
I ordered/tried some MFW adjustable footpegs last summer from Twisted Throttle, but they did not work on our Trophys (2013/14).  I also emailed MFW directly last summer, at that time they did not have any options for our new Trophys.  Looking at MFW's website today (Feb. 17, 2014), I noticed they now make adjustable footpegs for the new Explorer.  Does anyone know if the Explorer uses the same footpeg mounts as our Trophys?  If so, this would be an awesome option.

I have used MFW adjustable footpegs on previous motorcycles, and they work great.   

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 06:42:35 pm »
Does anyone know if the Explorer uses the same footpeg mounts as our Trophys?
Simple answer = I don't know !  :188:

Attached images are of the Trophy and Explorer front pegs for comparison  :084:

The mounting points look very similar, but the only item that has the same part number
for both the Trophy AND Explorer, is that little Circlip holding the Pivot Pin in place,
although they ARE both 8mm diameter Pivot pins  :169:

Hope that helps  :028:

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 08:35:01 pm »
Looking at those pics, I'd be willing to bet that they would fit. I never did get the people at Wild Hair Accessories to call me back. I guess they don't care if someone needs any info even though they have both an email and a phone to call!  :151: Guess I'll see if the original makers will give me any info. Hope they speak English as I sure can't speak German. Lol!!
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 08:43:41 pm »
Just looking at the schematics of the Tiger Explorer, the rear passenger pegs are the same as the passenger pegs for our Trophys, in case anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:47:21 pm by atvtinker »
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
  • City / Town: Maybole
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 08:28:21 am »
There's a guy over on the Tiger Triple forum ("Mustang" he's based in the US) that makes lower pegs (CNC alloy) for the Tigers, I'd be willing to bet they could be used on the Trophy if not he could probably make a run specifically for the Trophy.

The guys who use them swear by them, they are seriously well engineered, reasonable cost (he doen't do it for profit) and a joy to behold. Anyone interested shout out and I will put you in contact if you don't want to register for another forum.