Oil Filter alternatives? by kirkkw
[Today at 01:42:16 am]

Pulsing Front Brakes by Trophyed-Up
[Today at 12:51:25 am]

Seals on the gear lever linkage by Yaga1973
[Yesterday at 10:04:17 pm]

Oil leak around lower shock body...? by Drphil
[Yesterday at 09:43:29 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Toronto Motorcycle Show  (Read 6802 times)

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Toronto Motorcycle Show
« on: February 13, 2014, 07:40:56 pm »
In a post on one of the other forums the Toronto Motorcycle Show has been casually mentioned.  I'm wondering if it is worth attending.  As long as I am stuck in the frozen wastelands of Upstate NY for the next month I'm thinking of driving from Canandaigua (near Rochester) to Toronto.  Is the show worth that long of a drive, keeping in mind I have to cross the Canadian/US border and whatever hassle that might entail.  Anyone ever attended?  Anyone going to attend? 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: Toronto Motorcycle Show
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 08:52:29 am »
I went to a similar event when based in Toronto, that was many many years ago but have kept fond memories of it. It was later in the year march or april and there was quite a large section about Classics. I've checked on the web and found this:
http://www.torontomotorcycleshow.ca/visitor_info/
Don't know if you already came across the same? but in case you did not, hope you'll find this helpful and decisive for attending, or not. If you do you'll have a chance to see the Triumph-Castrol Rocket!
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Old Hand

• Trophy Member
  • Old Hand
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Concours 14
  • City / Town: Markham
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:02:32 pm »
Some members expressed an interest in The Toronto Motorcycle show, so I've stared a new thread.
The show is being held at the Exhibition Centre, on the shore of Lake Ontario. Below is the link to the web site:

http://www.torontomotorcycleshow.ca/

It's not as big as the European shows, but good for a couple of hours of fun checking out the new bikes with a few vintage race bikes thrown in for variety. This year they will have an old GL1000 and a CB750 that's been restored by volunteers at Honda Canada.

I'll be going with a group of friends on Friday Feb 21st. evening, and we ususally get together for dinner after that. If anyone is interested in joining us, we can meet up at the show.
 :401:
Riding since 1973 ....

Offline Old Hand

• Trophy Member
  • Old Hand
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Concours 14
  • City / Town: Markham
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 04:17:21 pm »
Verdun95, To your question on a different thread, this show is a bit different from the one in the 90's. In 2003 the major manufacturers decided to have their own show, with more floor space so that they could display more models of the new bikes and people could sit on the bikes and check them out without having to wait too long. This show is now held at the Exhibion Centre (used to be at the Convention Centre for the past decade), along the Lakeshore.

There are two other motorcycle shows, mainly for parts/accessories vendors and some dealers, which are held at the International Centre near the Toronto Airport.
Riding since 1973 ....

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 04:24:22 pm »
thanks  :002:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 04:33:53 pm »
Thanks Verdun.  I did see that website and thought it looked pretty good.  But then of course the promotor's website would be self serving so I thought to ask people like yourself who have been if it is worth attending.  It would probably take 4 hours to drive there
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 04:49:18 pm »
Old Hand started a new thread about it:
https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,1891.0.html (guess we could ask the Admin to merge the two?)

from it I understand this is not the same I went to many years ago.
Four hours drive is not too bad but if I believe what I've seen on tv the weather on the East Coast is pretty nasty these days!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 06:50:49 pm by Verdun95 »

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 06:11:40 pm »
Oh yes, I wasn't accounting for bad weather.  The 4 hours would be under the best of conditions.  Which we have not had at all lately.  Beginning to rethink the idea of going.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST