Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Boy, XM sat wont take a no  (Read 3392 times)

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
Boy, XM sat wont take a no
« on: February 13, 2014, 11:40:35 pm »
3 days in a row they've called me to renew. Dont want it, never did want it, dont call again. Didnt really want the salesman to sign me up for the trial when I bought the bike but HE wouldnt take no for an answer either. Oh well. Mute button works anyway.  :028:
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Boy, XM sat wont take a no
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:03:45 am »
I quite like the satellite radio especially on long distance rides.  I have it in each of my cars and would have kept it on the Trophy anyway. But I've learned to play the SiriusXM game.  Let it expire or come close to expiring and they call you begging you to continue the subscription.  Then you claim it's too expensive and you really don't like it at much anyway.  Soon a half price offer will be made.  I find at a bargain too good to resist.  For $6 a month I figure its a bargain  to listen to when I want and cheap enough to turn off when I don't.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:29:14 am »
Im just not a radio guy. I have enough music on my phone to last me years of riding. And the money Id spend on XM will buy me a lot of music that I want to hear. I keep a few playlists set up for riding. I've pretty well quit using the Trophy sound system altogether, just no need for it personally. Everything goes through my iPhone, Zumo and Sena.
When camping I have a Jambox that rocks, and if I have Wifi I can hook up to Pandora or iTunes radio.
But the XM folks are persistent cusses. If they call again tomorrow I'll get obnoxious with em :047:
Brian
Riding the Northwet

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:31:54 am »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
I quite like the satellite radio especially on long distance rides.  I have it in each of my cars and would have kept it on the Trophy anyway. But I've learned to play the SiriusXM game.  Let it expire or come close to expiring and they call you begging you to continue the subscription.  Then you claim it's too expensive and you really don't like it at much anyway.  Soon a half price offer will be made.  I find at a bargain too good to resist.  For $6 a month I figure its a bargain  to listen to when I want and cheap enough to turn off when I don't.

Funny, I used to do this exact thing with Comcast, year after year.
Brian
Riding the Northwet

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:39:58 am »
My favorite channel (not kidding) is BBC and of course can only be consistently heard on satellite 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 05:58:24 am »
If they call again tomorrow I'll get obnoxious with em :047:

You could always try something I do with persistent, unsolicited Marketing Calls  :007:

As soon as you realise who they are, interrupt and say, "Can you just hold on a minute ?"
then place the phone down on the desk and see how long it takes for them to hang up ...

They soon get the idea that they are wasting their time,
and will give up on wasting yours !  :028:

Online cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 06:20:22 am »
If you have the time you should always go through a list of security questions with them too....

Fine out how many are prepared to give the maiden name of their mother..... their date of birth..... the first line of their address..... colour of their first car...... You get the idea....

THEN put them on hold with some of the crappiest music you own playing down the phone!

:745: :745: :745:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 11:11:25 am »
Or...one could simply hang up.  Just sayin'.