Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Makes me wonder  (Read 2508 times)

Offline coneye

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
Makes me wonder
« on: February 10, 2013, 01:26:53 AM »
 You know , i read every article i could find on the Trophy , and one thing that has me curious is  after  the  hundreds , probably thousands of klms  put on  these bikes by the magazine writers , Did  every bike run flawlessly , after all  the reports  being put out from owners who are having these glitches are not taking long  . Its apparant the problems are rearing there ugly heads  after hundreds not thousands of miles.

Makes me think that maybee  the first thing  that the writers are concerned about , is there flight and accomadation   all expenses paid , and reporting honestly second , find it hard to believe that  NONE of the writers experienced or had a fellow writer experience  some electrical problems .

Makes me wonder has to wether or not to actually tyake note of any writers again .

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
Re: Makes me wonder
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 01:52:10 AM »
My guess is Triumph only put them on pre-screened bikes that they knew would perform flawlessly.

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 03:22:20 AM »
Bikes today are far better then they were 20 years ago. I can remember tearing a bike apart at the dealers to fix it before the customer picked it up. It was not un common for Japanese makers to send over a crew of people to uncrate the bikes fix then recreate before they were sent to a dealer. You never heard of this back then as the internet and forum groups didn't exist.

Now a days with the internet, mailing lists and forum groups. It only takes one small problem to become a big problem. Someone has a problem, then everyone thinks they may have the same problem.

I've only ever had 1 warranty claim on 5 brand new bikes (1 Suzuki, 2 Kawasaki, 2 Triumphs) and that was for warped rotor on a 955 tiger.

I'm to the point I'll read the issues and after about the second page of posts give up on reading any more about that issue. To me it becomes a constant whine over the same problem. I'm more interested in what you have done with your bike and what you do with it.

And yes it would be stupid for any maker not to use there best bikes for a groups of people that are going to write about them regardless of brand.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 08:47:23 PM »
I agree with the above. Each bike I have had has had a specific problem (CBF1000 - alternator). This includes cars. Just because a couple of people have issues does not mean every bike or car will have the same fault. Postings re problems are useful but it doe snot mean each bike will have that issue.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline DaMonk45

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Houston
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 12:34:42 AM »
I found a blue one

Im not skeerd

Offline Glenk69

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 10:14:26 PM »
You can guarantee that Triumph went over every one of those test bikes with a fine tooth comb.  One bad review in a magazine is enough to deter someone from buying their product so they would have made every effort to ensure that they were in perfect condition.  That is why Owners Forums such is this are invaluable for prospective buyers.  Its great to read the opinions of the journos as they ride so many bikes and can offer experienced comparisons but nothing beats the opinions of those of us who own and live with these bikes.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 08:06:56 AM »
I agree  :157: Just wired in my auto com and stanav? Found that the aux power that is supposed to be use and the power point/cig lighter in the forward compartment are not getting any power? Had to use the power that goes to the top and bring the wiring forward. It still works a nd when I looked outside the world ended  :745:
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 08:46:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by Chaos [+]
I agree  :157: Just wired in my auto com and stanav? Found that the aux power that is supposed to be use and the power point/cig lighter in the forward compartment are not getting any power? Had to use the power that goes to the top and bring the wiring forward. It still works a nd when I looked outside the world ended  :745:

Not trying to 'teach granny how too suck eggs' but did you realise that there is only power to the socket in the glove box and top box, if fitted, when the engine is actually running!!! Not with just the ignition on.