Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: For those who wish for controls lighting  (Read 6045 times)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
For those who wish for controls lighting
« on: February 15, 2014, 03:23:47 pm »
Some of you may have seen the following item that I came across on the Rivco website.  If not, it may be worth a search for the manufacturer to see if they could make it from a template supplied by someone.

GL18001
Illuminated Rider Decals with Brightness Control
Finally, see your controls at night! Illuminates the unlit text portion of your stock GL1800 rider controls. This material was first developed by NASA for their space program and now RIVCO brings it to you. Features paper-thin adjustable illuminated lighting decals, matching the stock text, symbols and blue color. NO disassembly of the switch housing required. Plugs into the existing handlebar wires, with NO cutting or splicing. Installs in 30 minutes and includes dimmer knob. While the 2004 and newer models come stock with lit handle bar controls, they are not nearly as bright and are not adjustable, making these a popular upgrade.

Look it up on the Rivco website to see a picture of it installed on a GL.  Nice and neat illumination for someone that desires it.

One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: For those who wish for controls lighting
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 03:49:03 pm »
That is a really cool looking product. I don't think we could use the ones for the Honda Goldwing as they are on a fixed plate.

From their website you can suggest a product. I have already filled a request in saying that if they could adapt the Goldwing product to fit the Trophy control pods then it could be a big seller. Perhaps if we all go to this product suggestion page they might take notice and make the product

Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 05:36:18 pm »
Nice ! ( if you're a Goldwing rider ).

$140 + delivery is a lot though  :084:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 06:00:34 pm »
Concept is exactly right but pricing is pretty high and I can imagine would be much higher to get custom made for a Trophy
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 06:32:32 pm »
But actually the pricing is not that high for something which most of us would put as top of the list of any dissatisfaction with the Trophy!

And as the technology is already developed for the Goldwing it would just be a different pattern for the Trophy..

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 06:46:39 pm »
I didn't thin k the price was bad if they were available for the TT I would buy them and I'm fricken tight

Roger

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 07:07:37 pm »
Depends. If you equate pricing level with desire/ demand perhaps the pricing is correct.  But if you set pricing as a reasonable profit over cost then this item is too highly priced.  This item can't cost more than $20-30 to make and import (assuming far east production) into the US.  So that kind of margin is outrageous.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 08:22:28 pm »
Its supply and demand.... you don't know what investment costs they have sunk into developing this product... they may be cheap to build but the market over which they are recovering those development costs are fairly small... not THAT many gold wing 1800's out there compared to say a Toyota Corolla!!

Given them another application where they can use the basic tech with minor modifications in layout gives them an increased volume to amortise development costs over...

Also... I have been looking... there doesn't appear to be anything close to this product.... if you are the only player in the market then you can charge what you like