Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trophy SE price from UK dealers  (Read 3900 times)

Offline chrismckay

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
Trophy SE price from UK dealers
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:47:34 am »
He'll everyone

I have just joined the forum and wouldn't mind some advice on the following....

I live in Scotland and I am looking to purchase a new Trophy, the recommended price in the UK is £14299.

I would have no trade in and would be paying the value in full.

My question is do any of you guys know if I would be able to bargain a lower price or get some extras, or is the list price what I should be looking to pay?

Chris

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Trophy SE price from UK dealers
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:54:31 am »
Hi Chris, in my experience as they are all sold through approved Triumph dealerships there is little room for them to discount.. If you are throwing all the options at it then you will get a bit more! But realistically even walking in with a wedge of cash won't get too much off. Just haggle hard to maybe get some gear thrown in FOC
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 08:16:58 am »
On my travels around there seams to be quite a few very low mileage EX demo's about  :028: This would be the best way of saving a load of cash  :028: :028:
Nothing has change on the 2014 from the launch model and so long as the recalls have been completed you will get a great bike at a very good saving.
As a experiment last year I put my 6 week old Trophy Standard in for part ex against another branded bike. Cost new 13K after 6 weeks the best offer 8K  :138: 5K in 6 weeks is "FREAKING FRIGHTENING" 20% VAT & registration cost on new is included in the on road price.
In a nutshell there are great savings to be had if you shop around a couple of hours on the net & a few phone calls could save you a small fortune  :821: :821:
Its your money dude and this is only my opinion.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 08:41:43 am »
... so long as the recalls have been completed ...

The ECM recall notice instructed Triumph Dealers to ensure that this work was completed on any Trophy
that they had in stock before it was released to any customer, so this shouldnlt be a problem,
but you would be wise to ask !

Member "DonTom" has a thread running listing "All the Recalls and TSB's" so read up on that so you know what to ask  :028:

I have an ex-demo Trophy, got a good price on it with no P/X, plus discount on parts
( Alarm, Sat Nav Bracket, Front mudguard extension, Top Box back rest pad ) and all fitted Free of Charge  :028:

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 06:47:57 pm »
Hi Chris

I bought my TT SE new in July from GS Gedge in sussex they gave me £3,000 trade in for my bike that another dealer offered me £2500 for so there may have been a sweetener there, I paid £500 on top of retail but got heated seats, grips, top box, frnt fender extender, paint protect, tank bag, a £350 Navigator jacket, two years free servicing, and 2 years interest free on a couple of grand.

I was happy with the deal, I'm sure there have been better ones but it suited me, hope this helps you get a good deal yourself.

Roger

Offline TT Ashford

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 07:07:43 pm »
Ex demo bikes are good way to save £££'s, saved approx £2500 on mine and itonly had 21 miles on it when i picked it up!

Offline rocksteady

• Trophy Member
  • Searching for satellites
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Reading, Berkshire
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 07:09:24 pm »
I agree with what chaos says about low mileage ex demos. I collected my ex demo trophy yesterday. I have got a whole bunch of extras on mine with a good trade in deal on my RT and the demo had only 420 miles on it and it's had the first service/ oil change done saving further expense and time.  :152:
I was tempted to get a new one but working through the figures it seems a bit of no brainer. But as has been said you pays your money and takes your choice. :084:
Cheer up they said, things could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough things DID get worse!

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
  • ride safe (Harley, Dylan, Milo.)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: grimsby
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 07:03:27 am »
Hey

Try Webbs of Lincoln 01522 513193 easy to talk too can deliver , Ask for mark :047:
trophy4me (Andy)