Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph Trophy members meet up - June 28th 2020  (Read 3984 times)

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
Re: Triumph Trophy members meet up - June 28th 2020
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 08:51:09 pm »
*Originally Posted by Wilko [+]
Good Evening fellow Trophy Owners.

Right, I have been in talks with the Triumph Factory in Hinkley, the 28th of JUNE has been pencilled into their diary for a meeting of Triumph Trophy owners and their bikes.

Although I am abroad on that date so unable to go, I was fortunate enough to be on the Factory Experience this morning.  It is a superb tour and well worth the effort for anyone thinking of attending.

Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 08:52:24 pm »
*Originally Posted by Ebenezer [+]
My wife and me have to handle the same questions about traveling in Europe. The Spanish government told us yesterday that we can only leave our camper for going to a supermarket or a petrol station. The police sends you back into your home or car if you go for a walk. All shops and restaurants are closed; it looks like all of the people have disappeared from earth. We decided to leave from our camperpark in Denia and try to reach France before that country closes its frontier as has been done between Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Norway, etc.. We don't even know if we 'll be able to pass through Luxemburg and Belgium to get home. Not to mention all of the other restrictions for traveling! Schools etc. closed for at least three weeks to begin with, no restaurants, pubs, musea, theaters, cinema's, no gathering of larger groups and so on. The streets, roads and motorways are almost empty, no people walking around in town or in the country, and so on and so on. Flights and shippings have been cancelled, making people stranded in countries like Morocco and many others.
One would think that this situation will improve soon. I don't know! So I am sorry to say that I can not book for the June-event now. If you dive into the Corona-panic, you 'll understand.
Henk

Henk, I can't say otherwise, why would I lie? All you say is true. I still do not know if tomorrow I will have problems arriving in Barcelona, ​​in my profession they say that I can go out to repair faults, but I still do not know how it will go ...
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2020, 08:54:06 pm »
*Originally Posted by Wilko [+]
I will phone the Factory again tomorrow, and ask, see what the situation is there, I will keep you all updated.

Wilko.

Thanks Wilko.

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2020, 08:58:19 pm »
*Originally Posted by Novocastrian [+]
Although I am abroad on that date so unable to go, I was fortunate enough to be on the Factory Experience this morning.  It is a superb tour and well worth the effort for anyone thinking of attending.

:047: :047: :047:

Offline 16dibbins

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: Wirral
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 08:20:09 pm »
?Hi Wilko

Can you please count me and my mate in for June 28th. That's Steve McGregor and Haydn Lipscombe

Just let me know how you want paying?

Thanks again

Steve McGregor  :028:

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2020, 08:36:43 pm »
                                                 THIS IS FROM TRIUMPH FACTORY TOURS

CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ANNOUNCEMENT
Due to the unprecedented coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines announced by the Government recently, we have temporarily closed the Triumph Factory Visitor Experience and postponed all Triumph Factory Tours scheduled within the next few weeks.
We will of course honour all existing Factory Tour bookings, and will be contacting everyone affected to offer replacement voucher codes that can be used for re-booking at a later date.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

Once everything is back to normal, I will be looking at arranging again.

Paul Wilko
Paul Wilko

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2020, 09:22:17 pm »
Thank you Wilko, in these moments that we are all going through. It is the best decision. Time will put things back in their place.

tweedy-bunch