Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Intercom Single Kit  (Read 3424 times)

Offline TrupTR

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Bombala
Re: Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Intercom Single Kit
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 03:52:55 am »
Thanks fellows, Reading the replies  the result is, it still receives without a mic, good info
My main concern is that using a Flip helmet the boom mic is always miss placed
Sprint ST 2007-2010
Sprint GT 2010-2014
TTSE-2014

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 04:29:05 am »
I use a boom mike with the Shark Evoline 2, have found no problems.  I have used the boom mike installed in the helmet, and have now moved to the boom mike fixed to the mounting bracket. Much easier to move the Sena from helmet to helmet, and less trouble finding a place in the helmet to mount the boom mike that does not press against the earplugs.

*Originally Posted by TrupTR [+]
Thanks fellows, Reading the replies  the result is, it still receives without a mic, good info
My main concern is that using a Flip helmet the boom mic is always miss placed

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 05:00:31 am »
*Originally Posted by Trophied [+]
And yes, there are plenty of places in the Hill Country in Texas where there is NO cell phone service of any kind, and yes, those are the most enjoyable roads to ride if for nothing else but the long views across the expanse of hills.  You pays your money and you takes your chances.  JMTCW, yours may differ.
Ride Safe!
Are you familiar with the Spot Messenger?  They will tow motorcycles (if you pay for the extra service as I do) and it works great where there is absolutely no cell coverage at all. I have used it two times already for a tow, once in a RV in Canada and once in a car near here, south of Reno. Here, I had cell coverage (and they will try to call your cell, but if they cannot get a hold of you, they come anyway  as happened to me in Canada). I am afraid to leave home without it!

BTW, I also have a Delorme inReach for two way communications where there is no cell service.

I use this stuff for boating, backpacking/hiking , RVing and motorcycles.

Say you are out of cell range and run into a deer and need medical help. As long as somebody can press a button under the sky, help will be on its way. They decide who to send by by your location (sent automatically, of course). IOW, if it comes from the middle of the ocean, it will be the coast guard. In the mountains, it will be Search and Rescue. On the freeway, it will probably be an ambulance, fire figheter and a cop or  whoever gets there the fastest.

Here is an example of a non-emergency Spot message I sent out today during my 200 mile TTSE ride.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 08:13:22 pm »
DonTom,
Spot is a very good option, I just haven't invested in it yet.

Saaz,
I use a Nolan N104 with the boom mic and earbud mount adaptor and I find if I put the mic next to the front of my chin below my lips and close the helmet then reach through the visor opening with my finger and raise it up and against the chin bar it works perfectly.  When I have talked to my wife with the helmet on she says the transmission is clear as a bell.  If you only want a listening device though it's good at that too, if you can use earbuds legally in your state it's even better, most of the flip front helmets are a little on the noisy side with the exception of Schuberth and for some head shapes the NeoTec.
Ahhhh the ride!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies