Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Just Spent the Coin  (Read 1969 times)

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
Just Spent the Coin
« on: February 22, 2014, 01:32:44 pm »
Ordered the new Crash Bars from Twistedthrottle.com.  Price is the same across the board and I need something to do until it warms up.   Hope I never need them but always a nice addition just in case.   Hopefully will have pics soon of them on the bike.  I get them Tuesday.  As always hoping for warmer weather......  SOON!!!
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Just Spent the Coin
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 01:50:39 pm »
Nice one  :028:

Have you seen the topics on Removing the Fairing and fitting R & G Crash Bars,
and also the one about the Replacement (longer) lower engine mounting bolt
which is needed after the Centre Stand bracket modification has been added ?

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 02:22:25 pm »
I have seen both articles  thank you for pointing them out.  I hope that with the bars being purchased recently and after the changes Triumph has made that the appropriate parts are in with the kit.  Thanks for your detailed DIY articles they helped me with the fairing removal in the past and I am sure it will help again.

Safe riding sir!!

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 04:38:38 pm »
Well I got the bars and have realized that I cannot install them until after I get the center stand recall done....  grrrr..  oh well 

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 05:17:38 pm »
*Originally Posted by kurtmartin1027 [+]
Well I got the bars and have realized that I cannot install them until after I get the center stand recall done....  grrrr..  oh well
Why not? Is the new  bolt too long before the bracket is added? I would think a few large washers would do the trick.

My bike is  going in today for the recalls. I have the Venture bars installed with the short bolt, so I am bringing them the  longer  bolt.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 03:21:58 pm »
the kit came with the two different bolts to do the install and I guess I could install them but its so cold its even miserable in the garage.  I figure I will install them when it warms up a smidge. 

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 03:46:42 pm »
*Originally Posted by kurtmartin1027 [+]
the kit came with the two different bolts to do the install and I guess I could install them but its so cold its even miserable in the garage.  I figure I will install them when it warms up a smidge.
I have worked on bikes in the very cold garage here during  some December nights of around zero F. I just set up a couple of electric heaters next to where I work.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

tweedy-bunch