Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Cabot Trail  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
Cabot Trail
« on: February 24, 2014, 10:34:53 pm »
I'm planning a ride to Cape Breton Island to ride the Cabot Trail this August. I anticipate half a dozen riders. Does anyone with experience and have any advice?
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
Re: Cabot Trail
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 12:45:03 am »
Looks like some pretty country. Never been there but looks like gas stops might be few and far. Id tank up for sure whenever the opportunity arises. Watch out for the big critters. That is for sure Moose country. Those will ruin your day !
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 01:47:17 am »
Make sure you have lots of photo storage space. Ride the Cabot trail in one direction and then do a reverse trip the next day, you won't be sorry. Peggy's Cove area is great if you make down around the Halifax area. We spent two weeks in Nova Scotia and could have used two more. Fuel, food, and lodging were not a problem, but we were there at the end of August, beginning of September and the tourist season was coming to an end.

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 08:24:58 pm »
Haha, I just realized looking at your home town, your already plenty familier with Moose and other roadside attractions.
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 09:29:39 pm »
I've only seen a moose while riding once and it was nowhere near the road. Deer on the other hand, I've had a few close calls.

I've been researching Cape Breton Island and it looks like nothing but fun.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

tweedy-bunch