Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 2014 Trophy SE Ride Report  (Read 8881 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Papermaker

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Custer, WI.
  • Country: USA
2014 Trophy SE Ride Report
« on: February 25, 2014, 05:18:58 pm »
2014 Trophy SE owners--

What has been your experience with your new bikes?  I understand that the ECU recall will apply to most or all of your bikes but have there been any other issues, mechanical, electrical, fuel injection, suspension or build quality?  Please post the number of months and miles along with your comments.

Thanks,
--John

Offline BigD

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 338
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
  • Country: USA
Re: 2014 Trophy SE Ride Report
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 05:34:43 pm »
Almost one year.
8,000 plus miles
Fuel tank replaced
Waiting on weather for center stand and ECU work
Longest single trip - 3,500 miles in eight days

Bike has performed flawlessly.  Could not be more happy.


Offline atuti

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Washington DC
  • Country: USA
Re: 2014 Trophy SE Ride Report
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 05:42:08 pm »
Bike one year old. Replaced the fuel tank the very first day that I got the bike in the dealer, centre stand repaired and ECU changed.

Not a single problem in this year and 15000 km, daily use commute to work and long trip from Spain to Normandy.

I can not be more satisfied with my bike. :062: :047:

Offline Verdun95

  • Trophy God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2748
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
  • Country: France
Re: 2014 Trophy SE Ride Report
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 05:42:23 pm »
*Originally Posted by atuti [+]
Bike one year old. Replaced the fuel tank the very first day that I got the bike in the dealer, centre stand repaired and ECU changed.

Not a single problem in this year and 15000 km, daily use commute to work and long trip from Spain to Normandy.

I can not be more satisfied with my bike. :062: :047:
*Originally Posted by BigD [+]
Almost one year.
8,000 plus miles
Fuel tank replaced
Waiting on weather for center stand and ECU work
Longest single trip - 3,500 miles in eight days

Bike has performed flawlessly.  Could not be more happy.

gee, you both got the 2014 model well ahead of time! congrats  :164:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 05:44:35 pm by Verdun95 »
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Papermaker

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Custer, WI.
  • Country: USA
Re: 2014 Trophy SE Ride Report
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 05:45:59 pm »
Thanks for the reply BigD and atuti but I'd like the experiences of the 2014 Model year only...

--John

Offline BigD

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 338
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
  • Country: USA
Re: 2014 Trophy SE Ride Report
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 05:59:58 pm »
*Originally Posted by Papermaker [+]
Thanks for the reply BigD and atuti but I'd like the experiences of the 2014 Model year only...

--John

Understood, but my experiences stand.   :002:

Offline johnbut

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 215
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
  • Country: UK
Re: 2014 Trophy SE Ride Report
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 06:56:28 pm »
Remember many 2014 bikes will have been made during 2013 so riders experiences on these may well be relevant.

Offline w8d4it

  • Trophy God
  • *****
  • Posts: 5337
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
  • Country: USA
Re: 2014 Trophy SE Ride Report
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 07:59:27 pm »
When did the 2014s start coming out?
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST