Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Reliability  (Read 5869 times)

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Reliability
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:12:49 pm »
Interesting article on a survey carried out in the US.

Note the BMWs were the worst and some interesting results as to failures of electrical systems.

http://rideapart.com/2014/02/most-reliable-motorcycles/
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Reliability
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 06:34:36 pm »
Interesting reading....

I should imagine the comment that owners of touring bikes report more problems is down to the fact that touring bikes tend to have more systems to go wrong with all the extras like cruise control and audio systems
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 10:03:22 am »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
Interesting reading....

I should imagine the comment that owners of touring bikes report more problems is down to the fact that touring bikes tend to have more systems to go wrong with all the extras like cruise control and audio systems

Possibly the longer journeys they do too.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 11:28:45 am »
*Originally Posted by Berber [+]
Possibly the longer journeys they do too.

That's exactly what I think: maybe they just ride more!
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 05:15:54 pm »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
Interesting reading....

Yes, same with warranties. They can give a much longer warranty to a bike that has no bells and whistles to break. Our TTSE's have a lot of things that can break, but that's why I bought it. I don't like stripped down cycles like the newer Yamaha Venture RSV (has no centerstand, no tachometer, not much of anything) but comes with a long warranty and few problems as there is not that much that can  break.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 05:34:52 pm »
*Originally Posted by Berber [+]
Interesting article on a survey carried out in the US.

Note the BMWs were the worst and some interesting results as to failures of electrical systems.
The Sunday morning group I have breakfast and a ride with here in Reno, of about a dozen, most have BMW's. Every one of them have had problems with their bikes. But then I watch one of the guys reverse in uphill with his electric reverse and then, as he is sitting on the bike, his electric centerstand lifts him and the bike up on a press of a button, I can see why the customer satisfaction is very high. That was a 2005 K1200LT. I don't know why BMW stopped putting this stuff in their newer bikes.

Again, more stuff to break, but stuff many of us wish we had, at least at times.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 08:24:54 pm »
*Originally Posted by DonTom [+]
Yes, same with warranties. They can give a much longer warranty to a bike that has no bells and whistles to break. Our TTSE's have a lot of things that can break, but that's why I bought it. I don't like stripped down cycles like the newer Yamaha Venture RSV (has no centerstand, no tachometer, not much of anything) but comes with a long warranty and few problems as there is not that much that can  break.

-Don-  Reno, NV
Given that the center stand was a design flaw from the very beginning, the only mechanical to present a problem is the heads.  Everything else has been electrics.  Electrical problems generally manifest themselves relatively early.  Triumph offer an unlimited two year warranty.  Sure I'd like more but 2 years unlimited is pretty darn reasonable.  Most cars have 3 year but do have a mileage limit. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 04:56:21 pm »
2+2 garanty year

#TranquilidadTriumph