Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Windshield lockup  (Read 9602 times)

Offline wingjack

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: tucson
Windshield lockup
« on: March 01, 2014, 12:52:14 pm »
Anyone had the windshield lock down on start up?  In my 2 months of ownership mine has done it twice.  Kill switch and ignition on, start the TT and the shield stays down and will not operate with the manual switch.  I'll turn the bike off again, go through start up again and it's OK.  Very strange, dealer is scratching there heads.  I'll call Triumph about it, see what they have to say.
Wingjack

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
Re: Windshield lockup
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 03:07:35 pm »
I have had mine hiccup a couple times but I found when it is really cold out the shield will return to last known position but will not respond to the switch.  It will give a little bounce but not operate.  When the ignition is shut back off it will return to the stow position but will not respond to the rocker switch. Thats just my two pence...
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline snarl

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ledyard, CT
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 03:27:29 pm »
Mine has been doing the same since shortly after picking it up last spring. At startup, it starts to rise and abruptly stops. Rocker switch seems not to work . . . but . . If I push out slightly on the top left corner of the screen, while pushing the rocker switch, it goes up fine. Once more than half way up it seems to work fine on it's own. BTW . . the colder it gets outside, the worse it is. Below about 35-40F, it will ALWAYS stick down. Warmer weather it is potluck. Have been waiting since early fall to get an appointment to take it to the dealer . . . still waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting . . .
Oooo, that's cool. I want one! . . . what's it do?

Offline Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: New York
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 04:04:25 pm »
*Originally Posted by snarl [+]
Mine has been doing the same since shortly after picking it up last spring. At startup, it starts to rise and abruptly stops. Rocker switch seems not to work . . . but . . If I push out slightly on the top left corner of the screen, while pushing the rocker switch, it goes up fine. Once more than half way up it seems to work fine on it's own. BTW . . the colder it gets outside, the worse it is. Below about 35-40F, it will ALWAYS stick down. Warmer weather it is potluck. Have been waiting since early fall to get an appointment to take it to the dealer . . . still waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting . . .

Some people had this issue when the bike was first released.  I fortunately did not until....I had the ECU update and cylinder head recall done.  Now my shield is doing what yours is.  Need to get it back in for service. 

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 05:07:42 pm »
I wonder if it is down to alignment of the plastics.  I sprayed mine with dry lube when I had the front in bits doing the sat nav.  I think the worm screw needs to be aligned carefully.  When they do the ECU (mine is in at the moment back middle net week) do they have to take the front to bits and then have to carefully put it back together?

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 05:21:31 pm »
They changed my screen motor and sensors and it made no difference at all. It still stuck
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline patches

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: PNW
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 08:19:43 pm »
Mine tends to want to not go down when it is cold, like below freezing.  Acts like it thinks there is an obstruction and stops.

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 07:57:15 am »
This is one of the items I will be checking carefully when I return to pick up my Trophy from the dealers. It has now come back from the recall work.

They have also changed the tyres and am adding the mudguard extenders fitted.

I was informed the dealer removes the battery and Windshield plus some other bits before it goes down to the factory. Would have thought the battery would stay on the bike so I may have that information wrong.

While they were changing the tyres I asked if they needed to change the Batteries in the pressure sensors. Havent had an answer back yet.

So will be checking all motor activations when I get the bike back in March.

They are an excellent dealer so cannot see any problems really and there may be some fine adjustment that I am sure they would do if required. So not worried.

seadog :158:
seadog

tweedy-bunch